Wild wolf 295

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild wolf 295

Yes, that sounds normal. I am thinking timing still if you have spark.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Well i decided to pull the flywheel to start over with setting point gap and timing. When I got the flywheel off I realized fuel was dripping off of points. I am replacing crank seals then start from the beginning again. I did try to check the timing but it is tough getting the adjustment right. Even with having the flywheel not bolted on so I can remove it to adjust the plate. Now that I think off it the spark plug has always seemed dry when removing it. Maybe the engine just cant get the fuel out of the crankcase because of the seals leaking?

That’s a real good possibility!

Quote Originally Posted by 507rzr View Post
    Well i decided to pull the flywheel to start over with setting point gap and timing. When I got the flywheel off I realized fuel was dripping off of points. I am replacing crank seals then start from the beginning again. I did try to check the timing but it is tough getting the adjustment right. Even with having the flywheel not bolted on so I can remove it to adjust the plate. Now that I think off it the spark plug has always seemed dry when removing it. Maybe the engine just cant get the fuel out of the crankcase because of the seals leaking?
    The crank seals are a big deal. Without good seals you won't get it to start. If you had good compression, your seals should have been good. Timing is difficult, you just have to keep checking it until it is right.

Ok. Both seals are replaced. I've got the dial indicator set up. I have the manual but I want your opinion. What exactly should I set the point gap at and the timing BTDC

Ok. Both seals are replaced. I've got the dial indicator set up. I have the manual but I want your opinion. What exactly should I set the point gap at and the timing BTDC
    Point breaker gap: .014-.018, I usually put mine about .017, I have found that it is easier to get the correct reading from the dial gauge.
    Timing before TDC: .118-.138, I try to get somewhere in the middle (about .125) but anywhere in that range will work.
    When I set the point gap I pull the cam off of the flywheel and set it with just the cam, that way I can get in there easily and make sure I have it adjusted correctly. The cam comes off by removing the three screws on the back.
    When I set the timing with a gauge and timing light I use a drill bit to hold the advance. Just remember not to push the bit in too far because it will hit the stater. Just put it in enough to hold the advance in place.
    When you adjust the timing, turn the flywheel a little past your timing point and then turn it back to the timing point. That way if there is any play in the engine you will will get a good reading.
    Let me know how it goes.

Well it still wont start on starting fluid. Wont even try to start. Has compression and spark. Im at a loss.

Well it still wont start on starting fluid. Wont even try to start. Has compression and spark. Im at a loss.
    What is the compression?

Compression is 135 ish. Cylinder was honed with fresh Piston and rings.

I have a champion D9 spark plug in it. What should it be?

+ Reply to Thread