Wild wolf 295

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Wild wolf 295

Quote Originally Posted by 507rzr View Post
    Well it runs but floods out pretty quick. Fouls the plug (wet) fuel runs out of the exhaust too. I'm assuming a carb problem. Could it be the floats?
    What carb is on it, mikuni, tillotson, walbro? I assume mikuni, James gerber mentioned stuck or saturated float on first page. If mikuni what size?

These guys are pretty good at diagnosis with enough information.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

It's got what I assume is the original mikuni on it now. I took carb apart. One of the float pins is missing.

Well it runs but floods out pretty quick. Fouls the plug (wet) fuel runs out of the exhaust too. I'm assuming a carb problem. Could it be the floats?
    What carb do you have on it?

Now runs great. Until engine gets warm. Maybe 5 minutes. then it dies and no spark. Could the new coil be breaking down. the coil doesn't feel hot to the touch. Let it cool and engine fires right back up and runs great again.

I did replace the carb BTW. I put a new Mikuni on it.

Now runs great. Until engine gets warm. Maybe 5 minutes. then it dies and no spark. Could the new coil be breaking down. the coil doesn't feel hot to the touch. Let it cool and engine fires right back up and runs great again.
    Th coil could be faulty but unless you found an NOS condenser I'd lean that way from what I hear.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

Replaced the condenser. Didn't fix it

Replaced the coil and condenser. still dies after 10 to 15 minutes of idle time. I guess I'll replace the coil by the points next. It did seem to idle fine till I tried to put it in gear and drive it. Then no spark. No pinched wires that I can see

Replaced the coil and condenser. still dies after 10 to 15 minutes of idle time. I guess I'll replace the coil by the points next. It did seem to idle fine till I tried to put it in gear and drive it. Then no spark. No pinched wires that I can see
    That was on my mind but I've been away from those engines 20-25 years.

So where does a person find part numbers for parts? I see a few available on ebay but without a part number i don have a way to verify that it is the correct one

+ Reply to Thread