Another max 4 rebuild

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Another max 4 rebuild

Johnboy VA are you located in Virginia? Just curious because that's where I live

Pulling the frame is the only way to do it right. You also get to inspect and replace all the bearings and chains. Do it right the first time and you'll have a great machine that you can enjoy.

Liflod ya I intend to basically have it running minus the tub before I final assemble it. Want to make sure everything is to my liking before then. I hate doing things twice

my rear seat is bolted to the outer frame rail

the rear seat is bolted to the frame but there is also bolts going through the lower tub

Ok I know im jumping the gun a little bit but I was thinking about some damage to the body that will need repairs. I have ready some say HDPE and some say ABS for the material its made of. Off the pics taken can anyone tell me what its made of? via the data plate or something. Sorry new guy messing with this lol. I just want to get the material I need to do the proper repairs when it comes to that time. Thanks

nmm.... i live in the shenendoah valley about 16 miles out of front royal. i can see the skyline drive from our farm. front royal is about 70 miles west of d.c. your project is looking good. are you anywhere near me ? johnboy va.

Johnboy I live in partlow va. Off exit 118 on 95. Your maybe 2 hours from me I'm guessing.

So I was looking at the tires on the 6x6 and seems it has 26x12x12 for size. What is a safe size to use on this thing? It appears the wheels had.made contact with the tub. Wondering if the size is just all wrong or if it might be due to improper tire pressure. Thoughts? Thanks

20190311_165430.jpg20190311_165204.jpg20190311_165152.jpg20190311_165136.jpg20190311_165110.jpgOk so I got the frame separated from the tub. Unfortunately every single sprocket was frozen on to the axles. I tried heat and penetrating oil. To my dismay the it didn't budge so I had to cut them out... I pressure washed the tub and frame and this is how it looks. The rear frame is pretty damaged I'm debating cutting the rear beam and welding in a new.. the frame where the t20 sits I'm still trying to decide how to go about it. I believe it's all fixable. Might take some more fabricating than I wanted but crap happens. As always input is appreciated.
    Last edited by Nmmichris; 03-11-2019 at 06:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread