Another max 4 rebuild

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Another max 4 rebuild

Hey Nmm,

I haven't gotten any response from the private message I sent you. Did you receive it?

sorry man been busy. I had come up with a fix for it. Although I have a issue now I think. So I have the transmission assembled. no linkage is hooked up in the frame and I put the trans in gear to make sure the chains and the sprockets rotate and don't bind.. Now the issue I am gettgin is I can turn the driven clutch by hand but the sprockets do not move. I have no idea why its not working at this moment without doing some digging and reading. perhaps something to do with the bands inside the trans im not sure. Ill post some pics of the current state of the rebuild tomorrow. Don't have any right now and its getting dark. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks

Remember, you have to actuate the plungers also. With it in forward gear and rotating the driven clutch, pull out on the bottom plungers and the sprockets should turn forward. With it in reverse gear, pull on the upper plungers and the sprockets should turn backward. If it doesn't, you've got something bad wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber View Post
    Remember, you have to actuate the plungers also. With it in forward gear and rotating the driven clutch, pull out on the bottom plungers and the sprockets should turn forward. With it in reverse gear, pull on the upper plungers and the sprockets should turn backward. If it doesn't, you've got something bad wrong.
    thanks man ill have to check it tomorrow when I get home. im sure I got it all together right but I just wasn't sure as this is my first 6x6. I didnt pull on either plungers so im sure that's why.

+ Reply to Thread