Carb sprinkling

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carb sprinkling

Carb sprinkling

Max 2 with 18hp briggs and stratton. Lacks power and sprinkles little gas out of the air filter. When I take the airfilter off and ride it to test I can see it sprinkling gas out the choke intake area. Also how can I post pics up?

Not sure whats going on w/the carb. Here's how to post pics.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/chit-...-pictures.html

I'm not sure on the carb issue, but if it were mine here's what I would do first. Pull it apart and see if there is a piece of trash keeping the float/needle valve from shutting off as it should. And while you're in there, make sure the float is adjusted properly.

Some of that sprinkling is normal. these engines are meant to run at 1 constant RPM, and do not have the best carbs for our application. Instead of an accelerator pump, they use an "enrichment circuit" that just dumps a little extra raw fuel into the carb in a far less than atomized state.

The quick and dirty way to clear debris (doesn't always work) is to remove the entire air cleaner assembly, rev the engine and slap the palm of your hand down over the carb opening. let the engine almost stall and remove your hand. it will chug black smoke for a bit then clear out. you want to do it a few times and it takes some practice to get it right where you don't stall the engine. if you do stall it, wait a few minutes before trying to restart. This works by creating very high vacuum in the carb and pulling debris from the jets. 50/50 chance of it working. it is a good trick for out on the trail where you don't want to be rebuilding a carb!
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread