New engine for my argo 18hp...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New engine for my argo 18hp...

New engine for my argo 18hp...

Been impressed with reviews and prices for 22hp Predator engine Harbour Freight sells. The 18 hp Briggs isnt powerful enough. Was curious if the 22 hp Predator would make a difference. The 18hp Brighs is giving me issues turning in high. Talked to a well informed dealer/mechanic in S.Dakota. I either adjust the clutch spring or put a stronger motor in. Would this be easy and what would I run into. Any info would help. Going to put one iny max2 as well... Thanks

I've seen first hand a conversion into a golf car that previously had a 11hp gas motor to the 22hp Predator. That conversion turned a mild mannered golf car into a wolf in sheep's clothing. I think if I needed a new motor, the 22hp Predator would be it, but I would add an alternator as the 3amp stock system won't do much to keep the machine charged up.

The 18hp motor is adequate for a Max2 or Hustler 950 sized machine, but the larger machines need more power. Your current motor has probably lost a lot of its power by normal wear and tear.

How many hours on your machine ? you could always bypass the governor it made my bigfoot a different machine better throttle response no more bogging and faster acceleration basicly a no cost upgrade as long as you dont over rev it or buy a rev kit for around 80.00 dollars

+ Reply to Thread