Attex superchief sprockets wanted

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex superchief sprockets wanted

Attex superchief sprockets wanted

I am looking for a full set of superchief sprockets, let me know whats out there , thank you mike

Quote Originally Posted by jerseymike View Post
    I am looking for a full set of superchief sprockets, let me know whats out there , thank you mike
    If your making all new axles I would just go with keyed axles and sprockets.Don't know your situation but they're a whole lot more user friendly in my opinion.

I converted my SC over to keyed. Much easier.

That sounds like a better idea .how would i go about doing that . What sprockets and axles do i use ? Or is everthing made from scratch

That sounds like a better idea .how would i go about doing that . What sprockets and axles do i use ? Or is everthing made from scratch
    axles are same length as factory but I cut like 6 or 7 inches of a keyway in them and drilled one hole in the end for my hubs and went with 4 20 tooth sprockets for the front and on my machine I have a 22hp predator engine and 24 tooth sprockets for centers and rears. but with a 2 styroke chap engine ya may wanna stick with 26's because that machine will be very fast as it is. I cant remember the sprocket numbers right off hand but I used the taperlock style instead of just the keyed type, they both work tho.
    Been pretty much bullet proof so farother than one screwup by myself getn in a nhurry and didnt have the key all the way through a sprocket and i sheared thta one off.
    good luck with your project!!
    Dave

Thanks for the info Dave ..and 1 more question ware did you buy the sprockets from ? And do you make axles with the keyway to sell ?if so i would be interested in buying them

Thanks for the info Dave ..and 1 more question ware did you buy the sprockets from ? And do you make axles with the keyway to sell ?if so i would be interested in buying them
    I personally do not make them,I had a guy I work with do them for me and he has packed up and moved outta illinois tryin to outrun the high taxes.
    you can buy from motion industries or grainger and applied technologies also.these are not cheap sprockets but theyre very tough.
    Axle are made of 1144 stressproof 1 Inch diameter and that ran me 60 bucks for a 12 foot stick.

okay great thank you for the info

+ Reply to Thread