Kohler M18 Exhaust Gaskets

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kohler M18 Exhaust Gaskets

Kohler M18 Exhaust Gaskets

Hey Folks

Looking for advice and opinions here as I am putting the Kohler Magnum M18 back in my old Argo.

I did purchase new exhaust gaskets (genuine Kohler ones) which are some type of metallic gasket. Do you use high temp sealant with this or, just the metal gaskets on their own? If you do use sealant as well, what brand/type have you had success with?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Cheers!

I've never seen sealant used on exhaust gaskets. Just some never seize on the bolts.

Sorry bout the slow reply. I've never used any type of sealants for exhaust gaskets.

They should be a graphite over steel or MLS gasket, they don’t require a sealant...

The only sealant I’ve used on an exhaust system of any kind has been ultra copper and just a dab of it to hold a gasket to a block or to get a tricky exhaust doughnut to stay in place while putting a Y pipe back on... the standard red/blue/grey/black silicone can’t handle the heat in an exhaust system.

OK Great. Thanks for the info guys!

+ Reply to Thread