motor swap

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: motor swap

motor swap

Im thinking of replacing my motor in my max 4 right now im running a 23hp kohler and want more power what would be a good swap 29hp liquid kohler or bigger?

[QUOTE ] I,m thinking of replacing my motor in my max 4 right now im running a 23hp kohler and want more power what would be a good swap 29hp liquid kohler or bigger? [ QUOTE]

thejunkman ,

The forum member Meinfeld has a big block , 35 hp , motor in his Hustler 980 , and it was a tight fit he said ,, but , I,m sure you could install a motor this size in a Max IV with no problem . You would have to fabricate a custom motor mount for the big block Briggs if you installed it in your Max IV , but , this would give you some VERY serious low end . And , if you fabricated a custom two into one exhaust system , like Meinfeld did on his Hustler 980 , your Max IV would sound awesome as well . But , if you replaced the green spring on your T-20 with a red spring , this would give your 23 hp Briggs better low end , and for not much $$ . The next thing I would do if your $$ was limited , is to install a 13 tooth output shaft on your T-20 . This would give your 23 hp , Briggs almost the grunt of a 25 hp Kolier . I have already done the red spring mod on my T-20 , and when it gets cooler I,m replacing the 16 tooth , out put shaft sprocket , with a 13 tooth . MightymaxIV went to a 12 tooth output shaft , plus a red spring clutch , and he says its almost as fast as it was before , ,but with a LOT ,much low end .

motor swap

I already swapped out the green spring to the red and it helped but I want more i bought the 13 tooth sprockets for the t-20 from recreatives but I havent installed them yet maybe i should try the gearing first then see how it goes. but a 33 hp briggs would be nice sounding I ride alot with mike d he runs a hustler bigfoot I gotta say Its quite a machine those machines sit so high Im surprised you dont get a nose bleed. He runs a 25 hp kohler v twin Im thinking of making an auxilary oil cooler for it it runs a little warm at times not all the time.

+ Reply to Thread