AOAA Ride 6-8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AOAA Ride 6-8

AOAA Ride 6-8

I guess I did not post this here by mistake.
    The Cheney's and the Griffin's are riding Anthracite on 6-8, we will be in the campground Friday Saturday nights, should we expect anyone showing up to ride? If so we will delay departure on Saturday.
    No alchohol park, should have insurance, must wear helmets.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

would love to come ride with you jim just too busy right now. you should call keith he would probably go its in his back yard basically
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

Yeah I don't think you tracked machine meets width requirements.
    Keith said at Busco he wasn't into the rocks. But of course he is welcome.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

Will not be making this ride. If in your exploring you find trails that are not all that rocky please let us know. I could probably be talked into getting a yearly pass for Famous Reading Outdoors https://readingoutdoors.com/annual-permits.
    That riding permit allows one to use the lands owned by Reading Anthracite Coal Co for riding. You can go make your own way across the properties and are not required to stay on any designated trails like at AOAA. I like the idea of going just about anywhere you want depending on terrain as long as it is not under active mining.
    Have fun.

Jim I will be there Saturday morning around 8:30-9:00.text me your # I got a new phone and lost all contacts 862-262-6730

Ok Mike we will be there site 158 if needed.

We accidentally left AOAA property and entered the Reading Anthracite trail system. Reading Anthracite’s trails (from what we were on) were a lot less rocky. We found a few that didn’t have as many rocks but I’m definitely sore after this trip.

We had a nice relaxed weekend with about 4 hours on Saturday and 3-3.5 Sunday. There were the Cheney's & Boomer, the Griffins, the Borths, the Wozcniaks and Shanna's friends Mark and Felicia. Saturday we were in the rocks pretty good as Kenny had his sxs and the trail map along with the Griffin's and Mark having sxs, Shanna had her quad and so did Boomer with me driving the 2 and Lindsay driving the 6 I/C. The western side trails we hit were pretty rocky and the eastern trail Terex challenge trail was also with a long hill climb in loose rock.
    Sunday was a little different, Shanna led in her II along with Kevin in his II, I had my 2, Boomer quaded, Mike sxs, and jerseymike showed up with his II along with Alex and his Frontier. We stayed on some green trails and found some mud, ended up on the waste coal pile which was apparently on Reading Anthracite property but all in all a more relaxed day.
    Thanks to everyone that came out and to WNYATVA for putting this together.
    Should we do this again we will have more lead time, ride time and organization.

Glad you guys had a good time. What happens at AOAA is that everyone has to stick to the marked trails when driving and whatever top soil there was is pushed off to the side leaving only the rocks. Reading Anthracite does offer day passes to check the riding areas out. Unfortunately you have to show up in person to get them as they are not available online. Probably due to you having to sign your life away.

We were on marked trails and hit a construction reclamation site on the edge of the trail system just below where we were Saturday, the boundary signs got moved moving us over to the large waste pile visible on 61? or 901? east of Shamokin and west of Lavelle maybe.
    The 2 must meet there as we met some riders who informed Shanna the were ridind RA.
    Guess we were heading towards High street direction.

+ Reply to Thread