Argo Response MU Transmission

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Response MU Transmission

Argo Response MU Transmission

Hello,

I've got an Argo response and I had it into the dealer for service. Chatting with the dealer, he told me I should consider selling it since Argo is no longer making transmission parts. He said if I had a transmission failure, I'd have to turn the whole machine into a trailer, so I was better off to just sell it now and get my money back. What is everyone's thoughts on that? I've never heard too much on failures as long as they were properly maintained. Is it really worth selling just to go and buy a more expensive machine?

Thanks in advance!~

Where abouts are you located?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I live in Sitka, Alaska. It is an island in Southeast Alaska. I actually own 3 argos. I have a 2007 that I just bought here in Sitka. I have two Responses in Anchorage with a buddy that we use to go hunting. They get minimal use. A week or so a year, thats about it.

Nice older fleet, I'd run them myself personally. However i will not contradict anything your local dealer told you as a new machine is nice, trans is quieter than early models.

Argo made a last run of 618 transmissions a while back and many dealers, including myself stocked up to support older machines. If a failure happens you or they, if willing, would have to shop around for parts. I have enough parts to build 3 G or M transmissions and have 1 complete new G and 1 new complete M transmission.

If you are in a place you can go new, consider it, but if well maintained and un abused your Response should last awhile.

Good luck either way.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread