Mudd Ox mods

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mudd Ox mods

Old man winter's coming
    Attached Images

Hey Hawkster nice looking Ox you got there. Very clean looking mods, very functional. Where are located in AK, I'm in Delta?

Anchorage , been working on a project by Petersville for the last couple of weeks .

Here's one that works really nice , tuff jug , makes a complete or you can get the nozzle to fit other jugs like vp . I really like these quick and easy , no spill , stops below the neck , no over flow . Have the nozzle that works for smaller necks like a generator or those machine that are filled with those brain dead glugging light yourself on fire shoot me jugs .
    Attached Images

A little off topic but possible a valuable lesson . As a kid I kind of got to enjoy the simpler things in life like an outhouse in Sub zero temps . I promised myself never to have that experience again .
    We'll 30 years later I built one of those things I swore off of . Only this time it's at a recreational area .
    It was actually fairly easy with a past experience .

Simple rules , first on the list was the smell , six feet deep with a vent half way down vented above the roof . Works great patted myself on the back for that one .
    Next was heat , mounted a Honda on the back side divided up the box so the engine sucked fresh air and the exhaust vented out while the heat off the engine vented into the house . Huge brownie points there with the women .
    Lights , since power was already there and being used for other things I mounted a mini Chandler .
    Life is great but low and behold I came up with one more while sitting in the office . Amazing what a guy can think of sitting on the throne .
    When entering the think tank apply yeast to the septic system before dumping a load . If done in that orderly fashion there will be vertically no surprises coming back to haunt you .
    I hope this experience can be passed on
    Attached Images

Here's a must upgrade for the liquids . Should be able to find it at most fabric stores , it's a course nylon mesh rubber coated screen . It's rebranded by some after markets for cooling and keeping debris out . Works great for those running threw wooded areas or just trying to keep the engine compartment cleaner .
    Before I put this in the coolers had all sorts of paraphilia on them . Air is actually not recommended for cleaning radiators and putting water in the tub didn't seem to make much sense .
    The engine and radiators are much cleaner and it doesn't affect the draw on the fans , to course . Look close and you can see the little stuff that would otherwise be clogging the coolers .
    Think heavy equipment , they usually have a pre filter removable screen protecting the coolers inside . This is easier , it's in your face .
    Attached Images

Attached Images

I think the screen idea is great, I will check into that. Our member said that having chains on the back two wheels is redundant, have you taken off your two rear chains. Just asking now that I’m keeping my OX.
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 12-02-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Moose No Ox

I haven't taken the chains off but I do run them pretty loose except for the front that are snug . The middle four tires have the track tuners .
    Last edited by Hawkster; 12-03-2019 at 03:19 AM.

Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread