New To This 6x6 Thing

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New To This 6x6 Thing

New To This 6x6 Thing

Well, While Visiting A Friend I Noticed He Had This Strange Looking Thing In His Garage (max Iv), I Have Always Hunted With A Quad But After Going For A Ride In The Swamps I Relized ,,gezz, I Can Go Where No Man Has Gone Before And Carry All This Crap I Bring Hunting And Stay Dry ,well 5 Grand Later Its Awaiting The 2007 Hunting Season,my Question To You Seasoned 6x6ers Is I Understand That I Cannot Put Tracks On The 26 Inch Tires So I Would Have To Purchase 21 Inch Tires And Do The Tracks Make That Much Of A Difference? Thank You, John From New Jersey

The biggest differences that you will notice is the ground clearence of your machine, and also since you have smaller tires your gear ratio will change giving you a little bit more low end torque and a little less top end speed. With the tracks you do need to run 21" Goodyear Rawhide tires, but your machine will be practically unstoppable with tracks even though the ground clearence is lower. With tracks you will have barely 1 PSI of ground pressure which as a result will help the machine "float" on the snow and mud.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Tracks

I use my tracks year-round. I have no problems except in the water, so I bought a trolling motor, extended the cables by sacrificing one end of a good set of jumper cables & attached to my argo battery instead of lugging around an extra battery.
    I just read a comment from Rock Doctor about just tracks on the center 2 tires, I just might have to try that out. I have had one episode, when one of my sons drove where he "walked out" of the track. Luckily I was able to shift forward & reverse to get back into the track.

Depending on what style tracks you have, the track guides were slightly different over the years and some vehicles have been known to "walk out" of the tracks sometimes. I know that the new Argo track guides work excellent and they have been tested on a Max IV where it was able to do a full 180 degree turn on pavement and it didnt walk out of the tracks.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

TRACKS

Well Thanks For All That Info And For The Quick Response ,, This Fourm Is A Great Tool To Have,, So I Getting That The Tracks To Buy Are The Argo Ones ?

Actually Max is using similar track guides as the Argo is using now so you could just get the Max ones and you would be fine.

Tracks

Compair prices with route 6x6, Richard has fair prices on his items.

+ Reply to Thread