In over my head in an amphibious vehicle.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In over my head in an amphibious vehicle.

In over my head in an amphibious vehicle.

Hello all my name is Lance, I have recently purchased a 1981 Hustler 950(?), that was running well enough at the test drive. Wish I had a good pic to post but I'm at work right now at any rate it has seen some significant modifications through the years. Most notably the engine was replaced with a 97ish 25 hp Koehler that wouldn't fit beneath the rear seat so that was replaced with an elevated rear deck and a REALLY makeshift exhaust was added featuring a random piece of bent tubing coming off the manifold as a 90 held by a screw then an old car muffler reaching the left side of the upper tub secured with a bit of plywood, a huge finned heat sink with a hole saw taken to it and a few screws. When I popped a chain the other day the whole house of cards with the exhaust came crashing down violently and noisily. I tried to put an even shadier repair on it hoping I could get in 1 trip to my hunting lease for a little pre-season prep but the muffler tape burst into flames on me. So I will have to sink a little more currency into this project by bringing it to a muffler shop that my friend manages for a more significant repair. His shop does ATV, airboat, mudmotor and generators welders ect. in addition to automobiles so I think they will have the goods. My question is how are folks arranging the exhausts in these critters to avoid melting the tub and turning the rear deck into a skillet???? Thanks in advance, cheers!

20190823_061508.jpg20190823_061451.jpg
    Welcome to the site Lancome. Although I have a different engine configuration heres how mine is set up.

Thanks, that is actually pretty helpful. I think something like that could work. I will let you know what we decide on at the muffler shop.

+ Reply to Thread