Argo classic transmission

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo classic transmission

Argo classic transmission

Argo discontinued the transmissions that are in a lot of older machines. New frontier says it uses the classic transmission. I have not done any research before asking the question but felt like putting up a post. So is the new classic transmission the same as the old ones from magnums, vanguards, responses, conquests? Would be great if it was. Love Argo but discontinuing parts really pissess me off. Prob not the same transmission now that I look at the picture of it but I’m wondering if u could easily upgrade to it if u were willing to spend the money. Thanks for any ideas on the discontinued transmission b.s. that many of us are going to have to deal with one day.
    Last edited by Countyboy; 09-27-2019 at 07:26 PM.

The classic transmission is the same old style skid steer transmission Argo has used for years. I doubt that anything has changed with the exception of stronger gears for the newer high powered machines.

The transmission used in the older machines (conquest, vanguards, response, bigfoots, etc') have the first gen of "classic" transmission. They have straight cut gears, which made them whine. They are very strong and reliable trannys dispite being a bit noisy and came in three gear ratios. High (HU), Medium (MU), and Low (GU).

The newer, Gen 2 "classic" transmissions that are in the Frontiers and early Avengers have diagnal cut gears that make them quieter and come in two ratios, Standard and Low (3.3). I don't know if you could put a gen 2 in an older machine or not, but there are probably a few of the older classic trannys kicking around if you look hard enough.

They are different. Glad my transmissions are still working well. Just wondering where I stand when it comes tome to fix them.thanks.

What years had Classic transmission ssion and what year has the second gen?

+ Reply to Thread