skipper 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: skipper 6x6

If it has a black box trans in it now I'd try that first, get a cheap clone single and test it out.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

For some reason, the pics wont attach for me. It's the same trans that is in the brochure pics. Mine is in really good shape. just gotta replace the brake bands.

k. so I'm at the middle of the engine. Nearly done with the engine rebuild. I got all parts and stuff. just needs assembly. I was wondering though...... when i pulled out my crank shaft, My bearings were seized. i took a pry bar and pliers and pushed the outside race towards the casting, lubed it up and they spin just fine now. Should i replace these anyway? I want this engine to last a while...... They spin and act new now but...........
    Last edited by Airhorn; 12-08-2019 at 09:17 AM.

I would replace the bearings.

I agree with dirtdobber. Definitely replace the bearings, as you said - you "want this engine to last a while"

sorry...... dumb question........ picked up bearings just now....... just got a vm28 mikuni in the mail

Anybody got torque specs for rockwell L380? 6 bolt head pattern

Quote Originally Posted by Airhorn View Post
    Anybody got torque specs for rockwell L380? 6 bolt head pattern
    Check out vintage sleds.com they should have a manual you can read or download.
    DanW

28-32ftlb is what I keep coming up with for other Rockwell engines. It's probably a safe bet yours is the same.
    DanW

sweet! thanks!

+ Reply to Thread