skipper 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: skipper 6x6

Yeah buddy, good luck on your project and post up some pictures for us to admire, we all like seeing how others are making out on these things.
    DanW

you asked 4 it! lol. check my gallery

That thing is pretty cool. Nice starting point to make it however you want. I like how the front end looks mean. I dig the artwork too.
    DanW

Been making slow progress on the skipper. The 2 stroke is pretty much rebuilt and i'm just waiting for a couple last minute parts. in the meantime i've torn into the body and have been patching holes and such. Any good ideas where i can find cheap aluminum? i want to make an aluminum body band to support the weak fiberglass and weld supports from it to the frame. I need a few sticks of square tube and such but kinda want to avoid spending hundreds on aluminum.

Another option I saw online, although I'm not sure how it would fair in cold weather, is I saw they have PVC angles in I think 10 or 12' lengths. I considered making a body band from it. As for metal if it's short pieces check out your local welding shop scrap bin, also try and be buddies with your local welder, my welder friend hooks me up at his cost as long as I put my order in when he puts his in. In return I send anybody that asks me about a welder or where I get metal to him. And I use him pretty much exclusively for all my metal.
    DanW

The reason I mentioned the scrap bin at your local welder is my buddy will sell me his cut offs if I need short pieces for scrap price which I think is around $5/100# in my area at the moment
    DanW

Yeah. I am a part time welder when im off of school but the place where i work doesn't do aluminum........ ill look around tho. gotta be a place that can sell me stuff. If i have to, i can weld drops together to make them long enough......

Hi I have a skipper as well. I dont think there are very many out there. The transmission that it has in it seems very beefy to me. I had a metal shop bend me a new motor mount and I put a 480 something phaser motor in it.

+ Reply to Thread