Busco Beach ride in N.C. - Oct 10-12

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach ride in N.C. - Oct 10-12

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    Just talk to George. He's still got 3 more hours of driving before he's home. He's says he's got tons of pics & videos. Can't wait to see them, and he sure did talk a lot about the great Southern hospitality. Looks like this could turn into a annual event?

Whipper
    you know it whipper .we shure missed you two . you have got to make it next year .i understand you'll would fit right in . i can't wait to meet you .i know it will be a blast . alley want;s a copel of those lighted flag poles. so let us know how munch they are one red white and blue and a green one . the carolina boys look forward to meeting you and and the bridget . thanks robbie
    Last edited by rdr; 10-12-2008 at 10:53 PM.
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

We had a great time as well. It was great meeting you Don, Bud, and Q. and it was good seeing you again George. Thanks for driving so far and for letting us have some time behind the sticks of your Springer. What a ride!

The rest of you guys, it was of course good seeing you again too. Sorry we missed the second night ride and the Sunday morning fun but as far a places to ride go I would rate Busco Beach high on the list of Amphibious-friendly ATV parks.

I didn't get too many pictures this time but I uploaded what I took in the gallery here: http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/596 I didn't get as much video as normal either but I will edit what I did get over the next week or so and post it when it's done. I can't wait to see George's pictures!

Looks like it was an awesome ride. I'll have to go next time.

I'm so bummed I couldn't go I hope you guys plan on making this a yearly thing! I can't wait for more video

Mike
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

Well, I finally made it back. It was a very long ride but well worth it.

This place was great. I've only been riding at a handful of places but this place was by far the best. There was something for everyone. We were in mud, swamps, sand, woods, lakes, ponds....tracks! bowels! drag-strips! gullies, bridges...I mean there was everything!

That was all very good but the best part was the company. 6x6World did it again. It brought together the very nicest and hospitable people you can imagine.

This was the 2nd time I had the chance to enjoy Mike and McCoys' company. It seemed like getting together with old friends. It felt the same way with everyone else too. It was one laugh and joke after another. Everyone was eager to ask questions about my springer and answer the questions I had about Argos and the Max(es or en?). I also got to drive them! :-). As usual, whenever there was a mechanical problem, a dozen tool boxes popped up out of nowhere and wrenches started turning.

The food was out of this world! There was real BBQ, grits, sausage, T-bones, country style ribs, chicken and chow-chow (or as we like to call it in NY, "Chi-Chi") Oh yeah....there was also chili...lots of it. Mmmmmm.

OK, this trip has to become an annual event. The people and the place are just too great not to be revisited.

Thanks to Mike, Jennifer, Lewis, Rob, Allie, Hunter, McCoy, Brian, Don, Bud, Q, Dan and Biscuit for a great weekend.

Here's a postcard I picked up at the gift shop on my way out.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by George; 02-28-2010 at 12:36 AM.
    Banned

great friends, great food, and great riding... what more can i say. great to see everyone again, and to meet some for the first time. thanks to everyone for letting me try out the various machines. both Attex's were a blast to drive. if i had Don around to keep them tuned up i'd have 2 strokes in my machines! i love that throw you back in the seat throttle response. also thanks once again to McCoy's wrecker and tire service... not sure if i can go riding without you there to tow my butt out! i had a blast and can't wait to do it again (once i get some new front axles) pics and video will be up as soon as i get the bathroom stop edited out
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thanks for the pics and videos guys...looks like ya'll tore it up! Sounds like we missed out on some good eatin' too!
    Hammers should have warning labels.

Air Bud Bud

Here's Bud practicing to be a young Whipper. I cut the video just before the landing. It wasn't as pretty.

Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

just one word

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
    New entry to the Air Bud. Youngest member to make the board so far! If i am not mistaken.

Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
    New entry to the Air Bud. Youngest member to make the board so far! If i am not mistaken.

Lewis
    As far as I know, it's the first father/son entry too!
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread