Hey everyone, made an introduction in the specified thread but wanted to say hello here too. A couple days ago thanks to the generosity of a family friend, I picked up a Max ii 6x6 with the 16hp Briggs Vanguard engine. I didn't realize how quickly I'd get hooked on these aatvs but it happened. I've spent most of my free time since familiarizing myself with the ins and outs, and performing some basic maintenance. Downloaded and read through the manual available on this site but still had a few questions...

Previous owner said they had installed inner tubes in tires while they had it, I've seen that referenced on this site before, is this a common mod? What are advantages?

I've tried to link pictures below, I hope I did so correctly and they can be seen, there's a roll bar installed and I'm wondering if that's from the factory or if it's an aftermarket/homemade add on? Hoping someone might know.

I noticed the front right chain has snapped at some point, looks like the master link lost its retaining clip, possibly over/under tightened? I've read on here about removing front chains for convenience. Can anyone provide more info on whether this is a good/bad idea?

The machine came with a set of plastic tracks, hub extensions, and extra tires. My intention is to use it as a snow vehicle (we live at an altitude in Northern California, and while every winter is different, several feet is not uncommon).I'm wondering how plastic tracks hold up compared to rubber? I've seen that you're able to replace the individual plastic pieces if need be and I like that.

I'm also curious about the practicalities of an enclosed cab? What I gather from reading around is you need to fabricate one yourself?

Are there any reinforcements/modifications that would compliment the planned snow tracks?

I hope the post isn't too long, thought it would be better to be as detailed as possible. Thank you in advance for any help/advice, looking forward to learning more through the community here.

20191027_165630.jpg20191027_165612.jpg20191027_165645.jpg