Experience with OTR 22 Mag tires?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Experience with OTR 22 Mag tires?

Experience with OTR 22 Mag tires?

Anyone have experience with OTR 22 mag tire? How do you think these would do swimming?

https://www.midwesttraction.com/stor...atv--utv-tire/

Look nice, I'd think they'd swim fine with such a tread.

Quote Originally Posted by allwheeldrive View Post
    Look nice, I'd think they'd swim fine with such a tread.
    I ordered a set from Outdoortire.com for $348 for 6. Similar to a rawhide so I am going to try them out.

I am very interested in this same set up for my vangard 2 , I really want to know how they swim. If you have a link to the rims or the rim size. I have runamuks but want more grip. These look like the ticket for swimming.

should swim well, but at 4 ply they will be very stiff even with no air pressure
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The 22x11x8 rawhide III is available from Comercial Goodyear suppliers. Paid 85$ each. They are warehoused with heavy equipment tires and some dealers can’t order them.

Quote Originally Posted by margo View Post
    I am very interested in this same set up for my vangard 2 , I really want to know how they swim. If you have a link to the rims or the rim size. I have runamuks but want more grip. These look like the ticket for swimming.
    Here's the rims I ordered. I plan to paint the faces black. Not a fan of the orange. These also have bead humps just like the factory rims. They are also a tad wider and are a 10" rim. I think they will do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    should swim well, but at 4 ply they will be very stiff even with no air pressure
    Maybe I won't get beat up. The At101 that several people are running on Max, Argo, etc are 4 ply. At least the ones I was looking at. I'm just ready to take the Vanguard out for a ride and swim. Bought it used never drove it. Needed chains and a couple bearings. Ended up pulling the frame totally out and fixed the rust issues. Replaced all the bearings, chains, seals, new motor, new belt, fixed small cracks in the upper half of the hull. Powdercoated all the metal. Fixed the grooves in the axles from the seals. Redone all the wiring.

The AT101s are 4 ply rating but only two actual plys. Much softer in sides than the rawhide. I have to run more air pressure with tracks. Good ride. I prefer the 22x11x8 rawhide for traction and toughness.

Might have started new thread for this but just found old pics.

This is cut out sidewalk of 21x 11 x8 rawhide and AT 101. The AT 101 was the only replacement tire in the years Goodyear didn’t produce the rawhide. 2010-2017 approximately. Having run both mostly on tracked Max’s I feel the rawhide is a tougher tire in the sidewalls. My favorite tire for swimming, traction and toughness in the Bush is the rawhide III 22x11x8. Put a lot of rawhide son Argo that had runamuks and ride was absolutely rougher.

+ Reply to Thread