Was it the ONE and I didn't know it??!!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Was it the ONE and I didn't know it??!!

I think $1500 is a really good price for that machine. The 4.5 hour drive sucks, but it sounds like a great deal.

i think liflod is right . if you have never owned a 6x6 , they may seem alittle..intimidating. but unless the trans is completely shot ( not likely ) or it needs a whole new motor ( does'nt sound like it ) , the rest of repairs ( chain ' sprockets , etc. are not real exspensive unless your doing a total rebuild of everything . just another thought. j.b.

Well my gut was telling me it was worth it but I wasnt sure. Other than comparable sales which I found very few of I had nothing else to go on. Unless there's a resource on here or somewhere else that I'm not aware of then like I said it was use my best judgement. To me it only made sense that it had to be worth $1500. The trans and motor alone have to be worth $600-$800 I'd guess. Thx for the responses they've really helped with the decision making process.

Wink

If I'm not mistaken in some videos on YouTube theres a guy that put tracks on his Max II and it appears to have some kind of external carriage or suspension system as well?? Not sure what it is so terminology may be a mile off but eithervway I'd like to mimic that setup if I buy the max II. There wouldnt be anyone on this site that could shed some light on my correct or incorrect YouTube observation would there
    Last edited by Cupwalker; 11-19-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Cup, you're talking about John Swenson's machine.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber View Post
    Cup, you're talking about John Swenson's machine.
    Yeah, that was my weak attempt at being clever/funny. Tried to put some emojis or whatever they're called at the end to get my point across but fell short. I'm new to this site and dont know anyone but after a few days I put it together that Johnboy was more than likely the same guy in the YouTube videos that the camera guy kept calling by name so I went with it and turns out I was right for once. Lol

wow....now i'm famous ! yes , i've always liked building different machines . my main reason was easier access to the chains,bearings , sprockets , etc. the main bearings are still original after 2 years and lots of mud at busco . do like the setup and it has not been alot of maintenance . j.b.

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    wow....now i'm famous ! yes , i've always liked building different machines . my main reason was easier access to the chains,bearings , sprockets , etc. the main bearings are still original after 2 years and lots of mud at busco . do like the setup and it has not been alot of maintenance . j.b.
    I knew I saw something on the bottom of your rig but I wasn't sure what and I'm still not. Is there a thread on here that documents the modifications you made to the Max II in the YouTube videos? We must be cut from the same cloth bcuz I love building and modifying things as well to make life easier or making something function better. Side note... the Max II I was looking at is no longer available so the hunt for a machine continues.

cup....keep looking , the right machine will turn up for sure . what's your price range ? will help to keep a eye out. i did take a video of my highboy build ( latest version ) and posted it here , but i sure can't find it . maybe someone can locate it .. what post 's it's under .. j.b.

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    cup....keep looking , the right machine will turn up for sure . what's your price range ? will help to keep a eye out. i did take a video of my highboy build ( latest version ) and posted it here , but i sure can't find it . maybe someone can locate it .. what post 's it's under .. j.b.
    J.b. .....that's what I keep saying to myself that it's been yrs of wanting and looking for a machine so what's a little more time until it happens, I keep saying...itll happen just be patient. Price range is gonna b far less than what I can afford bcuz I'm going to be building a house soon and dont wanna dent my savings too much. I'd say 3-4k tops unless it was a once in a lifetime deal like a 15k machine for 5k or something crazy like that. I know 3-4k makes the hunt pretty tight but I believe there's a good machine out there for that amount of money I just havta find it.

+ Reply to Thread