Was it the ONE and I didn't know it??!!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Was it the ONE and I didn't know it??!!

Well, found another Max II and close to the house. 2003 that's loaded... 1 owner, less than 100 hrs, windshield, soft top/enclosure, roll bar, heated throttle cable, extra complete set of rims and tires to run dual tire setup, tracks, 14 or 16hp motor cant remember for sure which, ,**automatic trans** which I didnt even know existed, and more that I cant remember. Asking $5,500 obo. Is it worth the asking price??
    Last edited by Cupwalker; 11-26-2019 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Spelling

cup ...if it's good running condition , with all the extras it sounds fair to me . would you use the top , tracks , etc. ? i think by automatic trans he means the t-20 . i have never heard of anything else . are they the original recreatives tracks or aftermarket ? see what others think . johnboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    cup ...if it's good running condition , with all the extras it sounds fair to me . would you use the top , tracks , etc. ? i think by automatic trans he means the t-20 . i have never heard of anything else . are they the original recreatives tracks or aftermarket ? see what others think . johnboy va.
    Haven't actually seen it in person. In pics and on paper it looks like a million bucks. Yeah I agree don't know what the guy was referring to when he said it had an automatic transmission. As far as tracks go I'm not sure about that either, if they're OEM or aftermarket and I'd definitely use the top and tracks etc. The top would be great for ice fishing and depending on the effectiveness of the tracks I'd definitely use those as well. Thx for the advice

yea...i have a top and side curtains for my max and it stays real cozy on cold days . if the tracks are rubber style or even the original recreatives , i think you can add cleats for ice. happy thanksgiving day ! johnboy va.

yea...i have a top and side curtains for my max and it stays real cozy on cold days . if the tracks are rubber style or even the original recreatives , i think you can add cleats for ice. happy thanksgiving day ! johnboy va.
    The cleats you're talking about, are you saying cleats like hex head screws or bolts embedded into the rubber or something more substantial like a piece of angle iron or metal tabs of some sort attached to the rubber?? I'm always up for making something myself if it outlasts, outperforms and obviously costs less than aftermarket.
    I've got a few machines in my sights just need to make a decision and go with it.

cup...punch in '' grip studs for rubber tracks '' on the web . there are lots of varieties for tracks. some screw right into the rubber . also angle i think some guys use for better grip but not sure if that works on ice as well as a stud . j.b.

cup...punch in '' grip studs for rubber tracks '' on the web . there are lots of varieties for tracks. some screw right into the rubber . also angle i think some guys use for better grip but not sure if that works on ice as well as a stud . j.b.
    Sorry just gettin around to responding to this. Looked those up and wow the more durable higher quality looking studs are expensive!! I basically glanced so maybe theres cheaper priced alternatives that I hadn't gotten to yet. Eitherway, it pointed me in the right direction. Thanks for the heads up.

Well...the hunt is finally over!! Bought the 6x6 I mentioned a few posts back and made what I think is a pretty good deal all things considered. I bought a Max II, red upper with white top,16hp B&S Vanguard/less than 100hrs, heated throttle cable, roll bar, windshield, cab enclosure, 2500lb winch, complete factory track kit and a windshield wiper if the seller can find it lol...all for $4,000!!! More than I wanted to spend but I stepped up because of the extras involved and the overall quality of the machine which is really good but not great or excellent.
    It's going to need a muffler for sure, maybe more. Engine started strong and ran good while driving but idled a little rough, never died though. Winch cable looked rough, couple cab windows were slightly yellowed/cloudy but that's about it so far and hopefully it stays that way.
    Last edited by Cupwalker; 12-09-2019 at 12:11 AM.

When I bought mine I bought the most affordable one I could find, it seemed like a fair deal at the time, 600 bucks for a 75 big max with a 440 jlo that "needed tires and a starter rebuild", two years later, a rebuilt frame, next chains and bearings, new engine(+some hop ups), transmission rebuild and many many hours I'm almost ready to ride. If I had to do it over I'd have just bought a 1500 or 2000 dollar machine, but on the plus side I know every bit of my Max ii and have turned every single bolt on it. After I buy tires I will be right about 2 grand in on a 75 max ii I'd be lucky to be able resell for that amount, not that I would consider selling it at this point but that's where I'm at. After tires and some body modifying to make it more paraplegic friendly I will probably spend more time in it than my wheel chair. So I guess what I'm saying is you get what you pay for, and it sounds like you got your money worth to me considering all the extras that came with yours.
    DanW

Quote Originally Posted by Dw89xj View Post
    When I bought mine I bought the most affordable one I could find, it seemed like a fair deal at the time, 600 bucks for a 75 big max with a 440 jlo that "needed tires and a starter rebuild", two years later, a rebuilt frame, next chains and bearings, new engine(+some hop ups), transmission rebuild and many many hours I'm almost ready to ride. If I had to do it over I'd have just bought a 1500 or 2000 dollar machine, but on the plus side I know every bit of my Max ii and have turned every single bolt on it. After I buy tires I will be right about 2 grand in on a 75 max ii I'd be lucky to be able resell for that amount, not that I would consider selling it at this point but that's where I'm at. After tires and some body modifying to make it more paraplegic friendly I will probably spend more time in it than my wheel chair. So I guess what I'm saying is you get what you pay for, and it sounds like you got your money worth to me considering all the extras that came with yours.
    I hope you're right Dan. I hope I made the right decision and like many people I hope I get more than what I paid for but I won't be greedy. I'll settle for breaking even if it means no unforeseen problems and no more money spent. For you I hope the return is much greater than your investment because the time and effort to get your machine to this point sounds quite substantial. Good luck to you.

Cup

+ Reply to Thread