Picked Up an Attex 8x8 Military

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Picked Up an Attex 8x8 Military

More photos.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by smudvapor View Post
    I also just acquired one and it is also all busted up. If you look at the Hydro and Racers gallery you can get some good ideas on how to repair them. They both did a lot of work and documented a lot of it. I was going to try to make a new top out of two tops but I want to keep the original rear light so I am going to attempt to put my top back together and make a new bottom out of some other Attex bottoms.
    Scott, didn't know you had picked one up. you would need 3 uppers to make a tank body (hydromike has laid it out/ documented somewhere)
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Looks like most of the typical cracks (sadly) patch her up and have some fun. engine is not original... who cares. I have a briggs in mine and it is a lot of fun. yours is early (by serial number)but hung around with the military long enough to have the second (front) hoop added to the roll cage. originally they were the back hoop and the bar to front center, then the front hoop was added...... then outer bars were added between the front and rear hoop
    Last edited by racerone3; 12-08-2019 at 10:15 PM. Reason: multi quote failed
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    Scott, didn't know you had picked one up. you would need 3 uppers to make a tank body (hydromike has laid it out/ documented somewhere)
    Yea, I know, I have the body's all ready to go. It will be a while until I get to it, I have to finish the Camel first. Working on it right now.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Oh hell, you've got a great place to start with this one. Don't get too worked up about the cracks. The ABS takes well to plastic welding, even if just done on the cheap with a Harbor Freight hot air welder and ABS rod they sell. You can bolster the repaired seems with ABS on the inside if you're worried about them reappearing.

This is where I was with mine about 10 years ago.

Neither 'Race nor I are very kind to our machines and once you invest in a little bit of reinforcing and a little bit of armor, the 'Tanks are formidable AATVs for the technology they utilize. Big 5 has had some cracks reappear, broken about six axles, fragged about 10 bearings, been run into by my would-be brother, nearly sunk in the lake at Busco and dragged back from at least four different trail rides.

The one characteristic that makes them so much more fun than any other AATV I've driven is the operator's single seat, situated down low. It lowers the center of gravity so much that you feel invincible.

I guess that's why we get into so much trouble with them....

Thanks to you and racerone3 for the words of encouragement. I would have walked had I not known you had each fixed yours up. I have some ideas, but I'm sure I will be leaning on you guys for some advice in the future. Smudvapor mentioned that one or both of you had documented some repairs, but I'm not sure where to find that. Lastly, I imagine it's necessary to weld the ABS from both sides wherever possible?

Some light reading for you. I'll let Race find his thread...

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attex-atvs/7670-big-5-attex-8x8.html

Once you get done with Mike's light reading, I will assign some more http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attex...tor-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    Once you get done with Mike's light reading, I will assign some more http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attex...tor-build.html
    Another informative thread.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread