I need to replace both detent springs and really don't want to spend the 30 bucks a piece from rr. I've been happy with everything I've bought from him so far but I'm really not into spending 60 bucks on 3 dollars worth of springs. I ordered a length of 3/16 spring on line but now I'm thinking I should've ordered 1/4" so the spring sticks past the groove a hair. What other solutions have you guys come up with besides spending that kind of coin on two dinky little springs?
I measured the factory spring at 3/16 or 4mm, I'm just thinking now I should've ordered 1/4" instead so the spring sticks past the groove a bit so it holds it in gear better. Maybe I'm overthinking something small. I'm already over 400 bucks I to this transmission. After cleaning it all up everything looks good except those two springs. And it seems that the plates on the planetary gears were both backwards according to maxrules99 video on YouTube. These springs are all that's holding me from putting it back together. I'm hoping to o be riding before snow flies it's been a long rebuilding process with alot of setbacks along the way and other priorities getting in the way but I'm finally almost ready to enjoy this machine, not that the whole restoring rebuilding process wasn't fun and enjoyable, I'm just ready to actually get to run this thing since all the bugs will finally be worked out. Thanks in advance for any insight.