Center Gasket Dimensions and Diagram ( if it helps anyone )

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Center Gasket Dimensions and Diagram ( if it helps anyone )

Center Gasket Dimensions and Diagram ( if it helps anyone )

Hi All,

I got some new gaskets but they weren't in the greatest of condition and they seem pretty thin, so I was wondering if anyone ever cuts their own? To this extent, in case it helps anyone in the future, I measured the gasket up and it looks to be around this....

Gasket Dimensions.jpg

I'm seriously wondering if I would be better machining one out of copper sheet too... Or maybe copper would be too hard for aluminium, but I figure the dimensions might help someone else in a pinch who pulls theirs open and just wants to cut a gasket out of material.

I will qualify that I only measured it up, so I'm not 100% sure of the perfect dimensions, and there's a slot cut from the small holes to the edge of the gasket but this is what it seemed to be.

Hope this helps someone
    David

OK, looks like the image is resized...

The outer size is 10"... The gasket should be about 1/32 smaller than 10"
    The inner size is 8.5"... The gasket should be about 1/32 larger than 8.5"
    The holes seem to be cut on a 9.5" diameter line.
    Holes are 1/3"
    Gasket thickness is 13 thou or around .32mm
    Angles between holes are 30 degrees.

So if you have a compass and some gasket paper you should be able to make one.

Factory gasket material was ink stamped 1/64”. Approximately.015”.

Thanks for confirming. The factory gasket seems a touch small when installed? Is that normal?

Thanks
    David

Yes they are loose. Don’t want them to ride up on center support or case lip.

+ Reply to Thread