airplane enthusiasts?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: airplane enthusiasts?

one of the guys that fly's with us sometimes joins us with his powered paraglider like the one in the video . he flys about the same speed as us . his main job is a pilot for united airlines...says the backpacks way more fun . too much work for me carrying the motor on my back and running till the chutes up . the advantage is it will fit in your trunk . i've had 2---2 seat powered parachutes , but when the ffa went to the sport pilot lisence it really killed the whole ultralite industry . even for a 2 place powered parachute you need a sport pilot lisence and a ''n'' number . but living out in the country , lots of people still fly 2 seaters off their property without the liscence . i still can fly my friends 2 seater if i want to take someone up or teach a new person that bought one . i've taught lots of people to fly them . the main thing learning is how to kite the chute up. once your in the air it's only steering with your feet and higher or lower altitude by the throttle . their a constant speed machine . and you can land in a backyard. yea , and no liscence needed for a one seater . lots of good ones for sale !! j.b.

Thanks for that info, John! I agree that rollin' would be better than runnin'!
    "...So sayeth the Coffinman..."

at the young age of 16 i was introduced to flying with both my uncles having float planes i got really good i could land take off all on my own of course not actually by myself but i learned to fly before i could drive a car pretty cool! i went to a junior flight school and flew cessna 152. finally finding out i cannot be a pilot due to eye trouble i decided now at 19 i am becoming an aircraft maintenance engineer!!
    me receiving my "wings"

Good for you curtis!

That's pretty awesome.
    DanW

I was hooked on watching videos from some kid in NJ fly these, even talked my business partner to get one a former fixed wing pilot also. I occasionally brought my wife on charter flights, so it's not the safety it's the $$$$. Or rather too many toys that don't get enough use in her eyes. My wife goes along with my hobbies as they have never taken away from my kids. I just recently bought an old Honda 350x ATC and I think that was the last in her mind.
    These powered parachutes though are really everything I love about flying. They are easy to get going for the day, practical, Minimal, and reliable as you said John. They also don't cost an arm and a leg compared to a plane nor have the federal requirements and Hell it's open cockpit, I love it. I just want to , when conditions permit, get up and go fly and not be bothered.
    I'm envious.

yea my buddy picked up a used single place buckeye ppc this summer . only about 150 hrs. on the rotax 503 ( great engines ) . got it for $ 2000 with a trailer . the fellow had passed away from a heartatttack . i taught him how to fly and he was always up with us taking videos . he loved it . i would see him up in the air on the way to work when it was 35 degrees out ! curtis..great career for you . you can still fly a ppc , a part 103 fixed wing ultralite , or a trike ( powered hang glider type ) with no liscence needed . so maybe in your future. j.b.

20200128_111732.jpgHeres a little something for you old timers

Attachment 17911Heres a little something for you old timers

I still have my old E6B. Watch that "old-timer" stuff, tho! LOL!
    "...So sayeth the Coffinman..."

+ Reply to Thread