airplane enthusiasts?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: airplane enthusiasts?

airplane enthusiasts?

any plane spotters, pilots or just love planes in general on here?

Hey curtis. I love aviation but I'm not in the industry. Udvar-hazen is one of my favorite museums.

i have been flying powered parachutes for 30 years . still fly off my property 2 to 3 times a week if weather permits . it's safe , easy to do and fly low and slow over the shenandoah valley looking at deer , cows etc. it's not for going fast ( 30 mph ) , just the freedom of being in the air . i usually fly around an hour or so . early morn or evenings are best . johnboy va.

I was a pilot for 32 years before I became disabled. Dual-rated ATP, (Airline Transport Pilot,) Airplane and helicopter. Flight instructor airplane/helicopter/multi-engine/instrument and aerobatics. I flew helicopters in the Gulf of Mexico for off-shore oil platform support, and was the aviation base chief for air-ambulance in Missouri.

DIG ME!! LOL!
    "...So sayeth the Coffinman..."

Commercial pilot, flew charters up and down the east coast for years. Loved flight instructing! I've been looking at these powered parachutes and would love to get into it but I think that would push the wife over the edge. I love the simplicity of the powered parachute flying!

trevor...tell her it's the safest way to be in the air . they can't stall and if the engine quits you just float down and land. just can't fly in high winds . it is the simplest way to fly . take off in 150 feet . no need for runways , etc. you can learn to fly in a hour . very easy . johnboy va.

I agree with both of you on the powered parachute! I'd love to get one for our Horsefeathers Ranch. Plenty of room for it on 50 acres. No need for a medical, as well!

This is what I'd like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlbQ0xbbpOQ
    Last edited by coffinman; 01-28-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Now that's cool!

I'm jealous of all you pilots. When I was a kid I was offered opportunity to spend the summer with my aunt and uncle. My uncle was the FBO at the Fredrick, MD municipal airport and it was a sizeable operation. He offerd me a job washing planes and the sort, and I could have LEARNED HOW TO FLY. But, like an idiot, I stayed home and worked on the farm. I kick myself often.

It's never too late, my friend. (Unless you have health issues that prevent getting a medical. Even then, you can still fly under FAR Part 103 - ultralights.)

+ Reply to Thread