Need assistance Identifying

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need assistance Identifying

Need assistance Identifying

As the title suggests, need help identifying this Attex. From what I have found on this site and others, 'I think' i know but will leave it to the experts. I picked this up locally for no more than a Friday night bartab, as it was sitting in a hoarders yard..along with a 4-seater Scrambler. My buddy and I bought both to fiddle with, in hopes of a ressurection.
    I think it may be an early 207 BUT I will wait for the final verdict from the experts here. Looks to have a BH 7000, which I have no idea if it will still operate or turn for that matter. Time is short to tinker, so once I get it moved to it's final location, I'll slowly tear into it. The frame is shot, seems like thin metal, so will hopefully fabricate one from the existing. Will need axles, chains, sprockets, etc...tub is in great condition with no cracks. Seller said it was in the garage of the previous owner until the projects were abandoned. Let me know what you think. All I know is it is smaller than my 295 Wild Wolf...Thanks in advance for the assistance!

V/r,

Chayse
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (29.4 KB, 23 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (31.0 KB, 22 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (50.5 KB, 24 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (38.0 KB, 21 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (32.1 KB, 21 views)

Trans pic
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (41.3 KB, 14 views)

Baker/ Hill: either a 5000 or 7000. If the ends of the shaft are 3/4", it's a 5000, 7/8" it's a 7000.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

It's hard to tell anything from those pics. Early 297 had axles that had squared inners, I think the 5000 were actually only 5/8" outer bearings with the 7000 at 7/8" . It also looks like it has aluminum bearing flanges so I'd guess it's a 300 from what I can see on this kindle. Oh 297 had s bent sticks and the later were straighter.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks to all for the insight! It is a 7000, actual #1119( found on the tag on the trans). Round bearing flanges (outer) and bent sticks. @Argojim...cannot see inners, as it looks as if the axle passes through the frame on the inside. Outer flanges are steel(slightly rusted). May be a bit confused as to "squared inners"....

Also, I read on another site about the B/H 7000 'Power Trans'...looks as if mine is the same...has what looks to be a solenoid mounted to the trans body/frame. Pro's/cons of this...because honestly..I don't know

Please disregard the last post...the solenoid is obviously for something else....

There is a break down of the trans in the manual section. 7000 is pretty easy to disassemble and replace needed parts pucks can be made from brake lining sheet from McMaster Carr. Make sure to check your calipers are free and float a little. Looks like all brake discs need good cleaning
    Last edited by rickga; 02-14-2020 at 11:01 PM.

Had some time to tear into this thing. I have no idea how long it has been sitting outside but there was no way to get the axles out..so I had to cut out all of them. Frame and sprockets are shot. Once I had the axles out, I removed the 7000 and started cleaning the tub. I will move it to it's new spot out of the weather to begin putting this thing back together. I will re-fab the frame out of aluminum and get it as close to the factory as I can. During my searches, I have seen quite a few examples of the frames, so I should be ok. I do have a question..IF this is a 297 or possible 300, how long were the axles? They will be 1" TGP 4140. Guess I could measure my old axles and add in the width of the blade I used? This will be a slow build..looks as if the TGP 4140 is quite pricey these days...will hunt around and see what I can come up with once I have the amount needed for the 6 axles. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

I will add that this will be primarily used as a light-duty machine, highly doubt I will 'swim' with it, so I will just run some standard 'knobbies' on it. I live in Florida,it's flat scrub for the most part...just something to go hunt hogs in really. I will build my Wild Wolf a bit stouter, just due to the fact that I am putting in a 27hp BS twin in it. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread