Depends on the set up. I also was very tempted to go electric with mine before I sold it. 6 motors means more direct path to each sprocket. Chain adjustment would be very simple. Depends on the motors used. One would at least want 6hp worth of electric power.
3hp per side vs 6x 750 watt motors price there will be close, controllers will be more expensive than the motors. In the end I never did it due to the battery cost. That was always the biggest turn off. I could build all the electronics and motors for under $2,000 but $2,000 worth of batteries won't give you more than 30min of operation off road. Cost sky rockets going to Lithium vs Lead, likewise weight sky rockets with enough lead batteries for any sort of run time. The frameless fiberglass body didn't give me the confidence to mount more battery weight than the machine weighed. It just got complicated with efficiencies fast. I've wrote to great length on these forms in the past on the challenges of an off road electric ATV and their practicalities.