Diamond shifter pins

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diamond shifter pins

Diamond shifter pins

Guys and gals who have replaced the pins in their diamond shifters, are you using heat and cold to install the new pins or do they just press in pretty easily? Are you using any kind of thread locker or anything like that? Should I use a hardened pin? If I were to just flip my pins around would that be acceptable? Maybe a dab of jbweld to fill in the flat spots? Has anyone had problems with the pins working themselves out after doing this? I'm trying to avoid buying diamond shifters again after learning the pins can be replaced. I have a set of diamond shifters with good pins but diamonds are bent/broken loose from the shifter where it's pressed together. Thank you for any input.
    DanW

Go to the hardware store and get a 1/4 inch bearing roller. hopefully you can remove your old pin with a little heat. Clean the hole, add some loctite, and press the new pin in. You may need to grind it to shorten it to length.

Or, if you have a good set of shifters but the diamond is loose, just weld them in place.

Yep I saved the shifters from my max bc the pins are nice but the diamonds are loose/bent one is off. Thank you again. You're saving my butt big time on this build. Now if this rain stops I can get an early start.
    DanW

+ Reply to Thread