How is your dealers response?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How is your dealers response?

How is your dealers response?

I bought my 2020 Aurora 850 Huntmaster from TBA Tires in Bangor, ME.

They must be the worst Argo dealer anywhere based on my responses from them.
    I have been waiting for months on warrantee replacement parts. Still nothing. I ended up purchasing the parts from Argo Adventure who is great by the way. I hate to say this has been a hugely disappointing purchase.
    Do your homework before purchasing especially if you have a local dealer like mine. I would run away if I could do it all over again. Huge regrets.

The windshield fell apart, the top is flimsy, and I had a cracked bearing housing.
    10 hours total!

A good local dealer with support makes all the difference with a product like an Argo.

Good thing I can do the work myself or I would dump this thing

sorry to hear that yes argo adventure has been great with buying parts from the dealer in Bangor seems like hes never around when i have called and they never can answer questions I need answered Im sure they wont be around long if I can help give me a call 207 210 2294 im in Wells

Too far away to be of much help to you, however my local Argo dealer is fantastic (Ken Bost in Rockwell N.C.) Try to find a dealer even semi local who has been at it for a long time. Member ArgoJim is a pretty dang decent guy and 50% closer than N.C. located in Jersey. perhaps he could recommend someone
    Last edited by Moderator Bob; 12-15-2020 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Language
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thanks for the offers for help.
    Fortunately I have the internet and Argo Adventure is the best resource for info I have found.
    They confirmed I was not crazy that the new windshield is not built as well as the 2018 version.
    They have had Argo onsite to see the issue. They had issues with a new one out of the box.
    I got rid of the small screws and replaced with stainless bolts, nuts, washers so it won't fall apart again.
    The machine itself is awesome and should be great for fishing when the ice finally forms.
    I did rip around on the tracks in the snow the other day as we got a few inches.

It just kills me that customer service is a dying art. I remember when a dealer was happy to hear from you for feedback.
    I just want others to know what my dealership experience was.

As long as I can get parts from Argo Adventure I guess I will be OK. I do most of my own work.

Happy trails, and Merry Christmas.

dang nasty to buy a new machine thats so expensive,too end up with so much trouble.its a storey ive heard over and over.glad to see you were able to overcome the issues.
    Last edited by Moderator Bob; 12-16-2020 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Language

I'm currently fence-sitting on whether to purchase a 2019 aurora 800 and supposed to decide today (self-imposed deadline). This post just adds to my angst. "Run away" but also "machine itself is great" does not help me,LOL. The dealer I'm talking to is a small, family owned, general supply type of store in a rural farming community. I believe they really value customer service. They have answered my emails and text messages, have agreed to comp me a oil/filter/transmission fluid change (about 8 hours on machine) if I buy it, and waiving any labor for rubber track assembly/installation. Maybe all that is normal prior to a sale, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DEP View Post
    I'm currently fence-sitting on whether to purchase a 2019 aurora 800 and supposed to decide today (self-imposed deadline). This post just adds to my angst. "Run away" but also "machine itself is great" does not help me,LOL. The dealer I'm talking to is a small, family owned, general supply type of store in a rural farming community. I believe they really value customer service. They have answered my emails and text messages, have agreed to comp me a oil/filter/transmission fluid change (about 8 hours on machine) if I buy it, and waiving any labor for rubber track assembly/installation. Maybe all that is normal prior to a sale, I'm not sure.
    Use your own judgement of your personal experiences.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

We have had fun so far.

Quote Originally Posted by DEP View Post
    We have used it to fish, trail ride a bit, and now looking forward to ice fishing. Feel safe crossing the ice in a floater.

I am enjoying the machine, heck I waited for 30 years before finally buying one.
    I rode in one as a younger person.

Sounds like a good local dealer that can offer you good support.
    Nothing has been too much work maintenance wise.
    I expected some with chains and bearings.

Buy and Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by AcezHi View Post
    We have used it to fish, trail ride a bit, and now looking forward to ice fishing. Feel safe crossing the ice in a floater.

I am enjoying the machine, heck I waited for 30 years before finally buying one.
    I rode in one as a younger person.

Sounds like a good local dealer that can offer you good support.
    Nothing has been too much work maintenance wise.
    I expected some with chains and bearings.

Buy and Enjoy!
    Thanks for that feedback! It just so happens I decided to get it even prior to seeing your message. And regarding the 30 year wait, I'm in the same boat, or rather Argo :-)

Merry Christmas!

+ Reply to Thread