I just bought a Hustler and don't know anything about the t-20

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I just bought a Hustler and don't know anything about the t-20

I just bought a Hustler and don't know anything about the t-20

I just bought a hustler 950, i've replaced the briggs and Stratton 18hp ic series engine, with a 22hp predator's. I having trouble getting the t-20 to engage the sprocket for the chains. if I shift to drive and give input on the handle it will seem like it engaged then disengage. should I be looking into rebuilding the t-20 soon?

Be sure you're keeping pressure forward on your laterals too. It may need adjusted. Luckily these are really simple transmissions, but keep in mind how simple they are when putting it together if you rebuild because it's really easy to put the input in the wrong half if you don't pay attention. Other than that some good snap ring pliers and basic tools you can easily rebuild it if it comes to that.
    DanW

Also check out maxrules99 video on YouTube, it helped me a lot on my first rodeo, my second time I messed up from putting the wrong guts in the wrong half
    DanW

Welcome to the site TJ and to the Hustler club. If you are new to 6x6 machines, let's make sure you understand the CVT. If you engage the laterals but let your engine speed fall to idle the transmission will behave like you describe. At idle, the drive clutch completely releases the belt and thus delivers no power to the transmission. So try it again by engaging the laterals and keeping the engine speed up. Post some pics of your machine.

Question

I jacked the 6x6 up to get the tires off the ground, cranked the engine up as high as i could get it and they rotate(not fast but they move ) . I put her back on the ground and the same issue no movement forward or back beside the jerking. Is this a for sure sign that the bands are bad?

Let's rule out other potential causes before tearing into the transmission. Belt tension - you should have about 1 inch of deflection in the belt with the engine off. Your drive and driven clutch should work together as engine speed increases. Your belt would have to be way out of adjustment, but I suppose you could have a belt so loose that it isn't grabbing the pulley sheaves even at high speed. Post a picture of your engine, trans and CVT setup.

Your CVT should be working like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmkUjcR-opE

+ Reply to Thread