Guy goes into a garage to grease bearings.....

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Guy goes into a garage to grease bearings.....

Hey JB.
    I have been thrashing on another project in anticipation of Busco, but all went down the tubes when my son brought covid hove from school. We both have it now, and we are both vaxed. He got hit pretty hard but I had very mild symptoms so far. We are quarantined for 12 days.
    So, if I have to bring new toys, I decided I needed a new toy hauler. Pic is shown as of saterday, still in progress. Both Max IVs will go inside plus sleeping and kitchen.
    Looks like spring will have to be the debut.
    I hope everyone gets vaxed for everyones sake.

Attachment 18938

Hmmmmm, why are pix not loading? Help?
    Last edited by mfenmor; 10-04-2021 at 08:06 PM.

IMG_0951.jpg

Hmmmm, Pixs not loading. Why?
    Is it me or is the file upload manager now working?
    Last edited by mfenmor; 10-04-2021 at 08:11 PM.

hey mike , thanks for answering back . ruth and i have both been vaccinated and fortunately been well. we stay pretty lowkey anyhow . hope you and your soon feel better soon. looks like it will be next april before we have another '' good turnout '' busco . i may go in a couple of weeks if a few others show . sure miss the gatherings with everyone . keep in touch . sounds like the toy hauler will be real comfy . later ...best to you and yours , johnboy

Been getting a lot done lately, but can not post pictures anymore for some reason.
    Moderator Bob was looking into it but have not heard anything about it in quite a while.
    I see others are not able to post pictures either.

Since the last post I got the following completed;
    Got the laterals redesigned and welded up, installed. Have horizontal grips instead of the vertical ones (I like this better).
    Cut and welded the control rods and shifter rod, new clevises (no more flimsy pin going thru flimsy laterals/U channels. very precise feel now.
    Started setting up the hydraulic brake lever and calipers.
    Started setting up throttle lever. Wanted a finger control but not enough room for the cable. will be thumb control.

Tomorrow build caliper mount for brakes, snake throttle cable/fuel shut off cable and make brackets for both.

Discovered today I have to pull the fuel tank as the winch mount bolts are pushing up against it too much for my comfort.

.6x6world.com/gallery/max-6-wheelers/p29264-mikes-max.html][/url]

Last edited by mfenmor; 01-20-2022 at 09:43 PM.

Another full day on the project.

Had planned on setting the brake calipers, however I misplaced one set of pads. So after searching an hour for the pads, thru up my hands and shifted my attention to the other end of the machine.

Installed the fuel purge tank, radiator over flow tank, and engine oil breather/oil recovery tank.
    Installed fuel pump and filter and plumbed to the engine.
    Had to make brackets for all these things.
    Went back to the brake calipers and worked out a mounting bracket for them. hopefully I'll find the pads later as I reduce parts.

So tomorrow I'll mount the calipers and then figure out my radiator mount.

Last edited by mfenmor; 01-20-2022 at 09:45 PM.

mike ...i'm so glad your feeling better enough to work on your machine . everything looks super !! i hope we can get together in april at busco . i definately plan on being there . i ' ve had lots of fun riding around in the icy snow the last few days . the half tracks work great . i had some leftover grousers so i'm making some tire '' grouser chains for the front tires . got one done and tried it . so far so good . will add lots more traction for snow and mud and it looks kind of cool . jboy

Hey JB,
    I saw a guy on YouTube do a grouser chain for a lawnmower to plow snow.
    It worked awesome so it should give you that much more traction with the highboy.
    Cant wait to see it.
    Mike.

Got the radiator mounted today.
    Had to undo the work I did yesterday to get more access, but it'll all go back.
    Doesn't it always seem to happen when you have a project going that you don't have one or two more of those things you need?
    Yep, more parts ordering tonight.

I think tomorrow will be fuel tank removal day, which is really gonna be nasty since there are about 2 gallons of 12 year old gas in it.

Need to start thinking about the roll bar and winch mount.

Attached Images

Happy to hear that project beast is alive and well. Looking great as usual. I plan on being at Busco as well and am anxious to see it first hand.

Should be nice once done.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread