Guy goes into a garage to grease bearings.....

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Guy goes into a garage to grease bearings.....

Quote Originally Posted by allwheeldrive View Post
    We'll now I'm interested. Lets just hope where your going also doesn't involve $$$$$$$$$ money either lol.
    Those high lifter gear portals are nice but at their cost I could never justify them.
    Oh, I'm a cheap guy. I really hate buying stuff. If I don't have it lying around, or can trade with someone, I build it myself. Yes, I can make gears, but i'll probably find some somewhere.
    Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Moderator Bob; 08-14-2020 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Language

do you need chain? what size ? j.b.

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    do you need chain? what size ? j.b.
    Hey J.B.
    So as I say I'm a cheap, there are just some things you can't cheap out on, and I think one of those things is chain. About 7 years ago I got a really good deal on HKK 50H chain made in Japan. Mcmaster-carr sells this brand for $12.00/ft. I got 100 ft. for $300.00. Put a set on my Max IV and plow snow in the winter and pull logs in the summer, and sometimes have fun with it. No stretch out of the ordinary with only slight idler sprocket adjustment. I couldn't be happier with it. It's rated with one of the highest working load limits.
    So thanks for your offer, but I don't need any chain......yet.

your welcome .. i don't use # 50 anymore , and i have part of a role i'll pass on to someone in need . not sure how many feet but i can measure . it's new chain , just dirty .. j.b.

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    your welcome .. i don't use # 50 anymore , and i have part of a role i'll pass on to someone in need . not sure how many feet but i can measure . it's new chain , just dirty .. j.b.
    If noone else needs it I'd be willing to buy it from you Johnboy, I'm using 530 on mine but just using 50 on my wife's, sort of an experiment to see how much better 530 is and partly because my wife won't be very hard on hers.
    DanW

dan ...let me measure how long of chain is on the roll and will post it here . your welcome to it , no charge . later , johnboy va.

Is this the recently sold 500.00 IV or one you already had?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Is this the recently sold 500.00 IV or one you already had?
    I've had this one for 7 years. My third.

Cool, still have the II?
    BTW Mike Ferrara has a ride set up at Lost Trails in October week after Busco, a day ride.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Cool, still have the II?
    BTW Mike Ferrara has a ride set up at Lost Trails in October week after Busco, a day ride.
    Sold the II a couple years ago to a guy who wanted to mow grass in a wet area. he attached three tow behind mowers, 7 feet wide, to it. said it was the best mower he ever had.
    Count us in on Lost Trails. Let me know details. Hope to have this machine running for Busco.

+ Reply to Thread