Guy goes into a garage to grease bearings.....

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Guy goes into a garage to grease bearings.....

i'm not picking up where and what the 2 bearings next to each other are for ? j.b.

Shaft coming out of the tub where the original axle would be, holds the top sprocket. the lower will get another bearing on the back side to hold the axle for the wheel.

What is you plan for the portals? I see no adjusters in there. Did you consider some rake if you are going bigger tires?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Oh, you spoiled the surprise. Yes, they will be canted to spread the axles. However, bigger tires will have to wait awhile. Now we'er getting expensive.
    On your first point, no need for adjusters. You'll see.

I can't wait to see the completed design for those portals.

I am speculating that you are not going to use chain inside the portals, instead you are going to have two or three gears hence no adjusters needed. If so, are you going to seal the boxes up and make it like a transfer case with oil (fill plug, drain plug)?
    Borrowing tools is for the weak.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2000 Max IV, 25hp Kohler Command, 26" Titan Tru Power AT's
    1996 Max IV, 18hp Briggs, 24" Serwas
    1998 Max IV (project in waiting)
    1995/1999 Max II, 16hp Briggs, 21" Rawhides
    Hustler 950 (Project in waiting)

I need to come up with a new name for this machine. It was going to be Max Turbota as it has a turbo charged and inter cooled kubota D-722 diesel. Should be well over 40 HP.

Quote Originally Posted by xbunsenx View Post
    I can't wait to see the completed design for those portals.

I am speculating that you are not going to use chain inside the portals, instead you are going to have two or three gears hence no adjusters needed. If so, are you going to seal the boxes up and make it like a transfer case with oil (fill plug, drain plug)?
    You will have to wait and see. They will be oil filled.

She's got legs

She's got legs, but no feet yet.
    8 1/2 degree cant puts all the axles 30 inches apart. Good for a 28 inch tire. it's not possible to spread them further apart without having unequal length boxes. I'm too tired to do all that math.
    Hopefully this weekend I'll get all the axles installed (12). My sprockets are back ordered. for a couple weeks.
    IMG_0284.jpg
    Last edited by mfenmor; 12-02-2020 at 10:48 PM.

Can anyone tell me why my pictures are all sideways? when I load them to my PC they are right side up. Soon as I load them here, everything goes sideways.

Taking pics with phone sideways?
    Open the exit box and rotate them.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread