1 1/8" bore drive clutch

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1 1/8" bore drive clutch

Dan make sure the bigger clutch will fit. With the original comet 780 there's not much room between the tub and mounting bolt. Also make sure the belt is compatible for your new drive clutch and your existing driven i.e. belt width and side angle.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber View Post
    Dan make sure the bigger clutch will fit. With the original comet 780 there's not much room between the tub and mounting bolt. Also make sure the belt is compatible for your new drive clutch and your existing driven i.e. belt width and side angle.
    I'm using the one you sent for the t20 it's 1 3/16" belt isn't it? I've heard good things about the 94c, it's narrower than the other if it's going to be tight, the Kohler looks narrower but taller than the original opposed twin, I derailed quite a bit from staying all original, but I couldn't pass on a biggish v twin.
    DanW

Yes on the 1-3/16.

the Kohler looks narrower
    It doesn't matter how narrow the engine is. The drive clutch must align with the driven clutch. The only way to create more space on the clutch side would be to move the transmission over, which would be a tremendous pain!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber View Post
    Yes on the 1-3/16.

It doesn't matter how narrow the engine is. The drive clutch must align with the driven clutch. The only way to create more space on the clutch side would be to move the transmission over, which would be a tremendous pain!
    Yes I was thinking about it almost all night, moving the transmission would be a huge pain, I suppose if I had too I could do like on a max and heat and area and have some sort of jig maybe involving a scissor jack to push out on the tub and reform it just enough to clear. I worry I might end up having to run spacers on the wheels to have enough clearance, if I were to need to stretch it. On my max the CV tech clutch was much larger than 94c, the side towards the engine was wider which in turn I had to set the engine slightly to the right to line up, it was tight but had just enough room to work without much effort besides the motor mount plate to offset it slightly.
    DanW

Hey Dan,
    I remember seeing a post where someone did just that, heated the tub and pushed it out with a form.
    I didn't want to do that and found the CV Tec driven clutch. I think they are the same one used on the buffalo truck.
    IMG_0209[1].jpgIMG_0199[1].jpg
    I thought I had a pic with the motor and clutch in but no need to move trans, move engine over. You may need to modify the motor mount, but could be easier than poking a hole thru the tub by mistake.
    At least you have options.
    https://usa.cvtech-aab.com/868-poulies-invance.html
    poulies-invance.jpg
    IMG_1043.jpg
    Last edited by mfenmor; 08-30-2020 at 10:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread