I'm trying to decide which clutch to go with. I'm down to two that are available but not sure which to choose.
I need a good clutch for 1 1/8" shaft. I've narrowed it to the 1195 and 94c. I don't know alot about the 1195 except it resembles the cvtech I had on my max and I really liked that clutch. The 94c says it's good to 40 hp, I don't think my Kohler will be making that but it will definitely be more than the stock 27 hp. I don't have alit of experience with the 94c except to never run it or rev it up without a belt, or the pucks will roll and deform the cover on the smooth cover model. What's everyone else suggest for big bore clutches? The 94c is almost unlimited for engagement tuning, but what I'm reading on sled sights is with the 94c you can tune for engagement or shift out but not both. One 94c I'm looking at is ribbed cover heavy duty application tuned for 1650 engagement the other is a smooth cover for 1800 then the 1195 for 1800 engagement.the 94c are under 250 bucks the 1195 I found us 349.99 not a huge difference but 100 bucks can take me alot of places on a 6x6, which brings me to my next concern, since the 94c is hard to find a balance between shift and engagement, does that mean it would be better suited for a wide open racing type riding? I'm mostly going to be on trails, some tight some wide open enough to run a rig down(logging trails). How's others experience with the 94c compared to 1195? It says recreatives offered the 1195 in product description, not that that matters since it's not a stock machine anymore and not even a max. Any experience is much appreciated. I'm leaning toward the 1195 but I like to tear others experience before I make a final decision. Thanks again.