Max II roll cage support structure

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II roll cage support structure

Max II roll cage support structure

New guy with 1996 Max II, 14 HP Vanguard. I have been searching the threads and galleries and have not found exactly what I am looking for. Not to say the info is not there, I just can't find it.

I want to add a roll cage for protection and a way to mount accessories. I plan to use 1 1/2", .095" wall tubing. If I use an angle iron belly band on the seam/lip to mount the main loops, is that strong enough or do you need to tie it from the frame to the belly band in the tub.

There are plenty of info on cages and belly bands but nothing for support structure in the tub. There are picture of a stock support structure but nothing for custom builds.

Any Information and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Most roll cages are built on either a full body band or a piece of angle on each side mounted to the lip of the body. A structure tying it to the interior frame is not typical for a trail machine. The HDPE bodies are stiff enough to resist collapsing in the event of a rollover.

Race machines are a whole different animal. They have a full roll cage and are designed to actually "roll" over.
    Borrowing tools is for the weak.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2000 Max IV, 25hp Kohler Command, 26" Titan Tru Power AT's
    1996 Max IV, 18hp Briggs, 24" Serwas
    1998 Max IV (project in waiting)
    1995/1999 Max II, 16hp Briggs, 21" Rawhides
    Hustler 950 (Project in waiting)

other than racers, i have always used body band cages (have done so on some racers too). My cages have survived some really nasty rollovers without failing

http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/memb...aftermath.html
    Last edited by racerone3; 10-14-2020 at 08:23 AM.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thank you for the information. Full belly band it is!

+ Reply to Thread