New Attex owner please help me identify my Attex!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Attex owner please help me identify my Attex!

New Attex owner please help me identify my Attex!

Hi i just purchaced a heavily abused attex i cant find serial numbers. Here are some pics what do you guys think?
    Attached Images

Serial number should be stamped on frame below that big hole where muffler was, toward back end of frame.

More pics

Plus
    Attached Images

73 HN15926 thanks i looked all over for this. Took some steel wool to it and finally found it!

I want to say chief but if so trans has been altered. She's been modified a tad.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

From researching i believe it was a thunderchief. Yes the person i purchaced it from abused/hackjobed the hell out of it. They put in a overpowered engine snapped a driveshaft so they decided to drop a honda generator engine in it welded it to the original engine mounting plate and put it right in the way of the chain. Then they decided to weld the driveshaft back together and put the chain in anyway. There is a huge gouge mark on the bottom of the engine where they were running the chain against it. Snapped the shaft again. Also put numerous holes in the shell.... it is a mess. Luckily i can actually use the engine still but i have to modify the motar mounts and get a new belt

A new driveshaft, bearing races, bearings, chain tensioners, chain tentioner idler pully is missing on one side, new chains. Luckily the transmission seemed to be ok although the reverse levers need to be replaced to test reverse. Im in for some work and a bit of change.

What modifications do you see on the trans? Looks like a t-20 to me

chief would have a parking brake disk on the input side of the t-20. http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/atte...0-project.html
    Many machines have had transmissions transplanted. you should see evidence of mounting for a caliper on the frame. Unless you are going for perfect restoration it probably doesn't matter what is was.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Could be an early Chief, I think a have an early 73 with axle brakes out there, a Thunderchief would have had both gauges and cyl temp gauges most chief seemed to have had one but not all machines, though tach could have been added to anything and that one is not factory.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread