kawasaki kz 650

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: kawasaki kz 650

kawasaki 650cc powerplant

The new powerplant for the Hustler 980... it's a kawasaki 650 kz. Its got about 72 horsepower and I heard it run. best part of all?...got it for 30 bucks!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by kodashane; 08-11-2007 at 11:08 PM.

cant go wrong with a kawasaki

Wow, that is quite a motor! How are you going to set up a clutch on it, or are you going to use the sprocket on it directly to the T-20?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

kawasaki

yea its gonna be crazy..Im gonna have to run it from the sprocket str8 to the T 20..im also going to have to have the motor set up a little higher in the six wheeler to run the chain down under under the crank case of the motor to get to the T 20. Ill run the chain off a roller..to make it go under the crank case..a roller like that tightens the chains on the hustler. Quite a project...but think about 6 speed manual transmision!

A while back on ebay there was a guy that hooked up a CBR 600 engine in a 6 wheeler. I dont remember who it was, but it looked like a pretty clean swap. I bet if you put that in your Max, which is a couple hundred pounds lighter, you would really have a fast machine.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

sketch

Hows this for a configuration? think it would work? and dont make fun of my drawings! lol
    Attached Images

That looks like it should work out pretty well. The only thing that you would have to do is remove the Hustler rear seat/engine cover. You could easily fabricate your own cover and then just paint it olive green. But I think you should be good to go.

weight.

Yea the only reason I wouldnt put it in my max is Its alot smaller and this is a big engine.. I still want to be able to float good with the max and if i had this engine in it...it might sit with the front way in the air and the back in the water...I know my hustler wont do this because i have had two 250 lb men sit in the back of it while i floated and it did fine.

Seating

Get your self a good seat with side support so you don't have to be tosed about while your driving and then set the controls up like a motor cycle with the clutch on the left handle bar and a foot shift on your right or left foot. It will be a handfull at first but once you are used to the system it should be awsome. You might think about a supplement brake next to your foot shift lever. You are going to have to play with the gearing to get it right. Please,please, let us know how it works!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread