12" steel weld-on beadlock rings

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 12" steel weld-on beadlock rings

12" steel weld-on beadlock rings

I just designed some weld-on beadlock rings for 12" rims. First set arrived today.
    Any interest in getting some, let me know and we'll try to get an order together at a reduced price. I paid $355.00 for the first set, but could be lower.
    They are 3/16" steel with 18 bolt holes and 9 mud/drain holes. An aluminum outer ring from other manufactures should fit if you want pretty stuff, but these can be painted, or just primed and would be fine.
    Check out my post on these.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/tire-...want-some.html
    Attachment 18450Attachment 18451Attachment 18452

Is a set inner and outers or just outers? I'm new to buying beadlocks so please excuse my ignorance.
    DanW

Quote Originally Posted by Dw89xj View Post
    Is a set inner and outers or just outers? I'm new to buying beadlocks so please excuse my ignorance.
    Hi Dan,
    I am not an expert, but I know what I want.
    I want a beadlock on the inside of the rim (closest to the tub) and the outside of the rim (lug nut side).
    Each side of the rim will need two rings. One welds to the rim, and the other sandwiches the tire bead to the outside edge of the rim instead of the inside edge of the rim.
    Most 4x4s, quads and side by sides I have seen use a beadlock only on the outside of the rim, supposedly because this is the side which takes a hit and pops the bead off.
    I will do both the outside and the inside so as to run zero pressure in the tire.
    12 rings weld onto the rims, 12 rings to sandwich the tire bead to the rim. 24 rings total and a ton of nut/bolts, 36 per wheel.
    Does that make sense?
    I will start welding rings to wheels soon as I get the frame mounted in the tub and I need to set it on the wheels (with 28" tires)
    The price of steel has gone up and the third set I bought from my guy was $390.00 for 24 rings.

+ Reply to Thread