Identify this Attex

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Identify this Attex

Identify this Attex

Hello all,

I bought this 6x6 at an auction. The body shape and fuel tank location are telling me that this is an ATTEX brand. I just don't know what the model is. Auction just said it was a 6x6. Theres no engine. The trans is still there and seems to function properly. The vin is BY14386 but i dont know how to decode it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    TJ

20201019_130738.jpg20201020_174831.jpg20201115_152737.jpg20201115_184826.jpg

My guess is ST-400. does it have 4 chains or 6?
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It had 6 chains on it, I cut them off (cut 1 or 2 links). The tub was holding water and wanted to get the chains off as quick as possible without swearing up a storm.

Although I am not sure that my forward/reverse trans is original or not. I was thinking 440 thunderchief because of the 440 embedded in the top half of the machine but could be wrong. Is there any way to decode the serial to verify it is a certain machine?

The Thunderchief usually had gages and the T-20 had disc brakes attached to it. I don't know of any way to decode the serial numbers.

the "440" shown on the body is not original. Mt guess is still ST-400. 6 chain machine. ABS body without the removable nose piece. guessing it has a round metal gas tank?
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    the "440" shown on the body is not original. Mt guess is still ST-400. 6 chain machine. ABS body without the removable nose piece. guessing it has a round metal gas tank?
    Either that or an ST295. Those are the only ones I know that used that body except the Colt, but the Colt had the odd-ball four chain setup.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Either that or an ST295. Those are the only ones I know that used that body except the Colt, but the Colt had the odd-ball four chain setup.
    Wasn't there also a different version of an ST295? First gen perhaps?

There was an ST300 and an ST300D, but I don't remember an ST295.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Don't mean to necro-post, I have been insanely busy at the end of the year and this just sat in my garage. Then I caught the virus and was out for a few weeks. Then it was bitterly cold by my. The virus didn't affect me too much and with warmer weather outside, I am going to get out into my shop more.

It does not appear to be a ST300 as the transfer case looks different on my machine, based on my google searches. The forward/reverse is on the outer edges of the transfer case Similar to a T-20 that I saw in a youtube video Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuifk0kE7vg

My machine also has disc brakes on the front axles, not on the transfer case itself.

Unless it has been changed out that machine should have a T-20 transmission. The first 2 of the SN are the year. a 6 chain machine built in 1972 is either a ST400, or a ST295. The numbers represent the engine. either a 400cc twin, or a single cylinder 295cc JLO Rockwell

+ Reply to Thread