Chain Brand

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chain Brand

O-ring chain is NO stronger,but it will retain oil in the pins better than std chain.That being said oil wont get into the pins easily either.A good quality manufacturer will use good steel and you wont get excessive stretch or pin wear as some cheap no name stuff.There is a slight width difference in o-ring but most applications are not that tight of tolerance.

i ..like i'm sure other members , have tried o ring chain . i don't remember getting that much more life out of it than good quality regular chain. and i always wondered if the o rings keep dirt and water out of the pins , then how does chain lube get in there. you can also buy lube-free oil impregnated roller chain ( more money). in terms of type of chain needing different type gears .. i think that means # 50 chain won't fit on a # 60 sprocket as a example . maybe someone will correct me if i'm missing something. type of chain means the no. , not the brand i think . my max 2 uses # 60 chain and i have bought different brands..all fit ..just different quality . j.b.

Quote Originally Posted by mfenmor View Post
    I searched all over this site and the internet in general for a simple but informative explanation of the roller chains we use in our machines but I'll be damned if I could find it. How it didn't pop up on here when I searched I'll never know but it didn't. Most of what I found online was over the top super in depth mathematical/scientific analysis of chain designs, sizes, pitch, strengths, wear tendencies etc. and albeit kinda interesting and very educational, I didnt have the time lately to go that deep into it. Anyway, what you provided was exactly what I was looking for and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks Cup

+ Reply to Thread