Attex question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex question

Attex question

Does the removable front panel(grill) designate a newer body than the one that it is just molded as part of the upper body? Is a 4 chain or 6 chain better? Looking at a PROJECT as it is in a complete dis
    assembled state and trying to figure out if its worth taking on?

Yes, the ones that have a removable grille are newer. Do you have an ABS machine or a plastic machine? I prefer a 4 chain machine but it seems to be a lot easier to put a four stroke engine in a 6 chain one. What parts do you have? What kind of shape is the body in? Is the trans in good shape?
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Looks like ABS but comes with a spare lower that is darker in color and may be polyethelene.Has I think a 400 twin and a t-20 trans. and no tires or wheels.I havent seen it in person just a couple pics.

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb1965 View Post
    Looks like ABS but comes with a spare lower that is darker in color and may be polyethelene.Has I think a 400 twin and a t-20 trans. and no tires or wheels.I havent seen it in person just a couple pics.
    Pana Machines. The one is what’s left of a thunderchief and the other is a poly lower.

Thats what I was looking at,Think both would make 1 decent machine? Bummer is NO tires,wheels or adapters...

Thats what I was looking at,Think both would make 1 decent machine? Bummer is NO tires,wheels or adapters...
    Well the ABS body looks to be in pretty good shape from what I can see. If the trans is good that’s worth 500 alone but it’s always a gamble. I bought 2 old machines off this same guy a year ago or so just for the trans in them.
    Good luck whichever route you take.

What did you get? Complete machines or 1/2 of the lower assembly he still has? I am probably gonna make an offer lower than 500 he wants and see what happens. The upper on the somewhat complete machine looks to be good ,but I was wondering where the upper poly went.

What did you get? Complete machines or 1/2 of the lower assembly he still has? I am probably gonna make an offer lower than 500 he wants and see what happens. The upper on the somewhat complete machine looks to be good ,but I was wondering where the upper poly went.
    I got an old abs attex with just a trans in it and an old max 2 that had been outside for years. Kept the trans and got rid of the rest

I may go look this weekend and actually see whats there .

+ Reply to Thread