Adair Pro Series with Winter Kit (metal cleats) Ordered!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Adair Pro Series with Winter Kit (metal cleats) Ordered!

IMG_2247.jpgIMG_2251.jpgI have had the new tracks out three times now. The first time was in only about a foot of loose "sugary" snow climbing a fairly steep switch back road. The tracks had no issue and I found that the Adairs run very smoothly and straight. The second time I went up to 9,000 feet + and found a good 2 feet with drifts around 3 feet deep. The Adairs chewed through everything and broke trail with ease. They also ride very smoothly over the main trails that have been chewed up by snowmobiles. I have to attribute some of this to the longer wheel base of my Frontier vs my Conquest and the 24" Frontier tires. The Adairs flex more around the tires and the bumps as well.

Not to be one that leaves well enough alone I modified the Adairs by putting a 4" wide belt on the winter kit and bolted on a 1 1/2'"x 1 1/2"x 8" piece of angle aluminum for an additional paddle. The Adair steal paddle/cleats are 1 3/4" tall and I want those to over shadow the aluminum paddles a bit to grab first on the hard pack. I took the machine out again in about 2+ feet of sugary snow on a steep narrow trail and they did very well. I really couldn't say yet if the extra width of the outer belt did much, but hopefully we will get some deep snow soon and I will be able to give them a better test. Adding the aluminum paddles and extra inch width of belt only added approx. 10-11 lbs per side.

I sold my Conquest with the Chanel tracks. I loved my Conquest and the Chanel tracks. Both are excellent pieces of equipment and would highly recommend either to anyone. I have to try to keep in mind what positives are due to the new machine with more power, speed, longer wheel base, etc when talking about the differences in tracks.

So far I would say the Adairs are able to go everywhere the Chanels can go and vice versus in my conditions. One thing I have noticed with the Adairs is they are "slicker" laterally than the Chanels. You can feel them slide a little more in certain situations than the Chanels. This has not ended up being a problem yet and I don't know if it will. At this point it is just an observation. I will post some photos and hopefully a few videos. I will make updates as I get more experience with the Adairs. I will tell you this the Adairs are built with VERY heavy duty materials. The belting is very thick and at least 4 ply belted. The steal cleats/paddles and hinges are also very heavy duty.

Overall the Adairs are performing very well in the deep stuff as well as just cruising up a packed trail. Gas consumption between my Conquest (20 HP carb) with the Chanels running tuners and the Frontier LE running Adairs with the 26.5 HP EFI Kohler is pretty similar with maybe a slight edge to the Conquest, but I love the power of the Kohler EFI. The machine does not bog nearly as much when turning while climbing. It is able to keep the rpms high in all conditions. I have also picked up 3-5 mph faster while in "cruising" mode. Happy Year!
    Last edited by thorn; 01-03-2021 at 12:54 AM.

Thorn - thanks for update. Sounds like the tracks are doing well for you.

looks great thorn... sounds like a '' powerhouse '' of a machine . you should have a blast when the deep stuff arrives . j.b.

Wow Thorn, I am jealous! Those tracks and that machine look great. Having ridden snow machines in deep snow I know how easy they can get stuck and how they have to be man handled in bad powder conditions. I can't even imagine how nice it would be to just stay on top of the snow and enjoy cruising in the powder where no one else will dare follow. I have thought about one of those winter extension kits for my Argo but that is really just to much traction and I remember one of the forum members saying they destroy driveways and yards. One of the main things I like about Adair's is the easy way they turn and that winter kit would destroy that ability in tight swamp conditions. As for you, Love it, enjoy them and post a video if you can.

I will keep updating with any new observations. I did take some video but I'm not sure how to post them yet.

+ Reply to Thread