Adair Pro Series with Winter Kit (metal cleats) Ordered!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Adair Pro Series with Winter Kit (metal cleats) Ordered!

Adair Pro Series with Winter Kit (metal cleats) Ordered!

I decided to try a set of Adair Pro Series tracks with the winter kit on my 2018 Frontier 8x8 LE (aka green Scout). I was originally going to take the 22" Chanel tracks off my 2004 Conquest and put them on the Frontier but I kept running into unexpected issues involving the reversible rims, tuners and having to swap tires. There are a lot of details I won't bore you guys with, but another issue was possibly ending up with a machine that is too wide for the entrance of my trailer.

I like the fact that the Adairs don't require tuners and can be easily be removed for tire usage even though I will rarely do this as my Argo is primarily my winter/deep snow transportation. I like that they are light weight in comparison to the Chanels and won't rob as much power.

The Frontier has the 26.5 HP Kohler and I just had Argo Adventure put in the low/3.3 gear set in the tranny so it should turn them just fine. I also drilled out my clutch weights for high altitude (207 gram) to help keep the RPMs up. I had this machine up over 11,000 feet above sea level this summer and I was pleased with the way it ran. I'm sure the EFI helped a lot too.

I bought the tracks through Argo Adventure (awesome people) and they sell a lot to users in Colorado and they seem to really like them in the deep powder conditions similar to what we have here (Utah). I am really hoping they are as capable as my Chanel tracks in the deep stuff.

Anyone here have experience with this track system in deep snow?

Yes. I went from full rubber tracks to Adair’s. They do just as good in the powder and lots easier on the drive train.
    Attached Images
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Here is some video of the old style Adair tracks with chains taken in Wyoming powder snow in 2012. I believe that Noel Woods was on this ride and he said the tracks and machines performed excellent in the powder. The new style belted tracks with the winter extension and snow cleats are even better. I think you are going to be very happy with your new system and will find the Argo frontier will take you anywhere you want to go. My only advice is always have another machine with you in powder just in case of an unexpected breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone9 View Post
    Yes. I went from full rubber tracks to Adair’s. They do just as good in the powder and lots easier on the drive train.
    Thanks for the input. That is a cool pic of your Max. Are you running the winter kit? We get a ton of snow most years (unfortunately we are having a bad drought this year) and not only do I need good floatation, but the ability to climb in the deep stuff. I hope the combination of the Adairs having tall grousers to paddle, but the big metal cleats on the winter kit belt should help a lot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Here is some video of the old style Adair tracks with chains taken in Wyoming powder snow in 2012. I believe that Noel Woods was on this ride and he said the tracks and machines performed excellent in the powder. The new style belted tracks with the winter extension and snow cleats are even better. I think you are going to be very happy with your new system and will find the Argo frontier will take you anywhere you want to go. My only advice is always have another machine with you in powder just in case of an unexpected breakdown.

Thanks Dan for the info. I have seen all of the Wyoming videos from Adair and those tracks worked well. These videos are before the Pro Series tracks were available and I have not been able to find any deep powder videos of the newest Pro Series with the winter kit in use. I have heard a lot of good reports though about them in deep snow.

Alaska Videos

If anyone in Alaska wants to make some videos, let me know. I’d like to get machines with Adair pro-series tracks w/winter kit, Argo Rubber tracks and all others track types alongside my machine to compare and get some footage. I run a different version of tracks (on aurora 950 huntmaster), but it might be helpful for everyone to compare. 907-354-5319. Jeff “Buzz”

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    If anyone in Alaska wants to make some videos, let me know. I’d like to get machines with Adair pro-series tracks w/winter kit, Argo Rubber tracks and all others track types alongside my machine to compare and get some footage. I run a different version of tracks (on aurora 950 huntmaster), but it might be helpful for everyone to compare. 907-354-5319. Jeff “Buzz”
    Can you post a picture of the Track system you are using, since you are putting out a challenge you must feel you have the best system, let's see what it is.

A comparison to include heavy loads, low or flat tires, and different terrain types- the kinds of things utility 8x8’s actually encounter in the bush. Many of the videos I see from ATV terrain parks have written descriptions inserted on the screen that exaggerate the conditions (that we can see on the video) and that make amazing claims they want us to believe. Fair comparisons are the only way to show how all track types work.

[QUOTE=mightymaxIV;236106]Can you post a picture of the Track system you are using, since you are putting out a challenge you must feel you have the best system, let's see what it is.[/QUOTE

You’re happy with your tracks, that should be all that matters.

I’ll try my best to keep it on the up and up

[QUOTE=Buzz;236114]
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Can you post a picture of the Track system you are using, since you are putting out a challenge you must feel you have the best system, let's see what it is.[/QUOTE

You’re happy with your tracks, that should be all that matters.

I’ll try my best to keep it on the up and up
    Buzz, we all know that you have tried several different types of tracks and experimented with what works and does not work. Could you post a video of your most current set up so we don't have to guess? I just want to see what works best for you, no pride here man, if you got the best I want to see what they look like.

+ Reply to Thread