I decided to try a set of Adair Pro Series tracks with the winter kit on my 2018 Frontier 8x8 LE (aka green Scout). I was originally going to take the 22" Chanel tracks off my 2004 Conquest and put them on the Frontier but I kept running into unexpected issues involving the reversible rims, tuners and having to swap tires. There are a lot of details I won't bore you guys with, but another issue was possibly ending up with a machine that is too wide for the entrance of my trailer.

I like the fact that the Adairs don't require tuners and can be easily be removed for tire usage even though I will rarely do this as my Argo is primarily my winter/deep snow transportation. I like that they are light weight in comparison to the Chanels and won't rob as much power.

The Frontier has the 26.5 HP Kohler and I just had Argo Adventure put in the low/3.3 gear set in the tranny so it should turn them just fine. I also drilled out my clutch weights for high altitude (207 gram) to help keep the RPMs up. I had this machine up over 11,000 feet above sea level this summer and I was pleased with the way it ran. I'm sure the EFI helped a lot too.

I bought the tracks through Argo Adventure (awesome people) and they sell a lot to users in Colorado and they seem to really like them in the deep powder conditions similar to what we have here (Utah). I am really hoping they are as capable as my Chanel tracks in the deep stuff.

Anyone here have experience with this track system in deep snow?