Hustler belt

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hustler belt

Nice video dirtdobber. My belt acted similarly as yours. It didn't spin at start up, only after I started giving it gas to watch the clutches work. It stops with little residence. It was running in the pic with my hand on the belt, wanted to get the part # in the pic but the belt would slowly turn and stop with the # out of view. Just loaded it on the trailer with no shifting issues and it'll actually crawl at idle with the sticks forward . Seems to have more low end than before

Belt update. Drove it a couple miles in the marsh. The belt did squeal but only on hard turns at low rpms, when I gave it gas over 1500 rpms or so the squealing would stop. No issues going straight, only low rpm hard turns. No shifting issues and my top end improved significantly when I finally got back on dry land. My question is should I shim the rear motor mounts up to tilt the engine forward a little to put more slack in the belt or just let it wear in more and see how it go's. My old belt only had about 10 hours on it so wasn't worn, this one's 7/16" shorter.

The belt could have been slipping due to the torque required for turns. Take a piece of course sandpaper and scuff the sheaves of both pulleys. Sand in a radial direction. This might solve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber View Post
    Hopefully it will work fine. The thing you want is the belt to be just tight enough that it tries to spin the driven clutch. If its too tight and constantly spins the driven clutch then you will grind the gears every time you change F-N-R. It may also cause your belt to overheat.

This video is how my machine is set up. Although the driven spins at idle it stops with just a little resistance. I have no problems shifting or belt squealing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmkUjcR-opE
    That is an awesome video, I am setting up a 23HP vanguard and wanted to see how it should look. Quality Drive Systems helped me with my belt selection.

I'm glad it was helpful. Good luck with your setup.

+ Reply to Thread