First time Attex owner needs help with rebuild.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: First time Attex owner needs help with rebuild.

yellow legos are a pretty close color match. or find someone to send you some chunks of a junk body. a bunch of those in a gallon can with some acetone will make a nice goo. I make a really thin goo and use it like fiberglass resin. soften up the base material by laying an acetone soaked rag on it, remove the rag and brush on some goo, then add layers of fiberglass cloth and more goo. goo will keep well in the can with a tight lid. if you need to thin it add acetone, if you need it thicker just leave the lid off and let some acetone evaporate off
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    yellow legos are a pretty close color match. or find someone to send you some chunks of a junk body. a bunch of those in a gallon can with some acetone will make a nice goo. I make a really thin goo and use it like fiberglass resin. soften up the base material by laying an acetone soaked rag on it, remove the rag and brush on some goo, then add layers of fiberglass cloth and more goo. goo will keep well in the can with a tight lid. if you need to thin it add acetone, if you need it thicker just leave the lid off and let some acetone evaporate off
    yellow legos? that's interesting but legos a expensive. lol

Anybody know where I can order the outer axle gaskets from? they look like a standard flush mount bearing flange gasket but i can't find them anywhere.

If you are looking to seal between the outer axle bearing flanges and tub, you can use silicone. I'm sure cork gaskets are available somewhere....maybe a farm store/dealership, but the silicone is fast, cheap, and it works.

I made a set from an old inner tube. Have not put them on yet, but will this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by budzinsk View Post
    I made a set from an old inner tube. Have not put them on yet, but will this weekend.
    You will have to let me know how that works.

I got a new gas cap for my Attex chief 400. It is a stock 1969 ford falcon gas cap and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlee623 View Post
    yellow legos? that's interesting but legos a expensive. lol

yep for sure
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I have pieces of Attex ABS. If you pay the shipping I can send you some. PM me if you're interested.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I have pieces of Attex ABS. If you pay the shipping I can send you some. PM me if you're interested.

I think i am still working out of the box of scrap pieces you sent me ~14 years ago

+ Reply to Thread