Electric version of current amphibs

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Electric version of current amphibs

Electric version of current amphibs

Anybody heard anything about an electric version of maybe an Argo or MuddOx in the works? You know they have to be at least thinking about it the way everything else is going electric these days. The closest I could find was a small mom and pop type shop in Russia that put together a very crude electric 6x6, other than that not much out there. Let us know if you have heard any rumors or have any inside info on the majors dipping their toe into the electron game. Thanks.

We aren't working on an electric model at this time. It will be interesting to see what the future holds.

I'm thinking that gas over electric would be awesome....a little electric motor for each wheel. Therefore no chains required.

someone on this site awhile back built a nice electric 6x6 . they had pics and videos i believe of the build and performance . i don't remember where it is , maybe someone else will ..johnboy

An electric machine with wheel motors in each drive wheel or at least front/back for an 8x8 with tracks, along with a sufficient lithium or other future state battery that would give comparable performance to a powerful gas engine is currently a tall bill for any manufacturer.

Then to have to trim the weight down to get the machine to float, is another issue entirely.
    I think it may be another 5-10 years before something comes along. Polaris does have the new electric Ranger out since their partnership with Zero Motorcycle Company. Maybe some of that technology may spill over eventually.

Our hobby just does not have that much interest currently to tempt a manufacturer to take a chance and invest big money on what is at best a poor hope of a return.

The electric Attex thread still has a lot of interesting info - 14 years later!

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/gener...6-wheeler.html

+ Reply to Thread